What's new

Rudy for MVP

zman1527

This award looks almost certain to go to Jokic from all I hear and read. Fine, he is a helluva player. But I am blown away that no one on the team with the best record even gets mentioned in the top 10! Not Spida, not the Stifle Tower. Heck, even second place Suns get a lot of mention of CP3.

The award is not for the Best Player in the League, nor is it for the Player Having the Best Year in the League, it is for Most Valuable. Most Valuable as in (to me) who contributes the most to the most wins. The Jazz have the most wins, so someone ought to at least be in the conversation, and with Donovan out and the Jazz still winning, its got to be Rudy. Clearly he is DPOY, so enough said there. All the criticism of him will come from the offensive end where he is clearly not highly skilled (to say the least). But, but, but, he is incredibly valuable to this team with the winning record on the offensive end: his ability to catch and dunk and screen setting are tremendously valuable to having the most wins in the league. His dunking ability requires the other teams to respect that, opening up shots for his teammates, along with this 14 ppg. He leads the league in screen assist points, a huge bonus for the Jazz. Biggest contributor to the most wins in the league means you ought to be considered for MVP. End of rant.

This award looks almost certain to go to Jokic from all I hear and read. Fine, he is a helluva player. But I am blown away that no one on the team with the best record even gets mentioned in the top 10! Not Spida, not the Stifle Tower. Heck, even second place Suns get a lot of mention of CP3.

The award is not for the Best Player in the League, nor is it for the Player Having the Best Year in the League, it is for Most Valuable. Most Valuable as in (to me) who contributes the most to the most wins. The Jazz have the most wins, so someone ought to at least be in the conversation, and with Donovan out and the Jazz still winning, its got to be Rudy. Clearly he is DPOY, so enough said there. All the criticism of him will come from the offensive end where he is clearly not highly skilled (to say the least). But, but, but, he is incredibly valuable to this team with the winning record on the offensive end: his ability to catch and dunk and screen setting are tremendously valuable to having the most wins in the league. His dunking ability requires the other teams to respect that, opening up shots for his teammates, along with this 14 ppg. He leads the league in screen assist points, a huge bonus for the Jazz. Biggest contributor to the most wins in the league means you ought to be considered for MVP. End of rant.
Eh, he will settle for Finals MVP.

Eh, he will settle for Finals MVP.
It will probably go to Donovan for scoring 32 ppg in 5 games. But that will be wrong. Without Gobert we never even get there in the first place and he is the foundation of our wins. He deserves it, but he isn't flashy so Mitchell will get finals MVP and Gobert will shrug and come back next year looking to reap souls.

Been some talk on some of the podcasts ive listened to (not Jazz podcasts) about Rudy not getting the respect he warrants. Can't remember which one it was but basically they said he should be getting a stack of second place votes behind Jokic.