What's new

Rudy Gobert and Rim Protection

Never heard of that stat, but to be up there with Asik and Hibbert means he needs a few more minutes a game. Anthony Davis is shockingly bad according to this stat so far, indicating he is probably playing out of position.

Never heard of that stat, but to be up there with Asik and Hibbert means he needs a few more minutes a game. Anthony Davis is shockingly bad according to this stat so far, indicating he is probably playing out of position.

Davis isn't really a rim protector (like a Gobert/Hibbert/Gasol) as much as he is a weak side shot blocker.

So if I read that right, Favors is ahead of defensive stalwarts such as Al Jefferson, Carlos Boozer, and Donatas Montijunas, All three of whom are ahead of Enes Kanter, who is ahead of Paul Milsap.

Interesting.

Kanter is a better rim protector than Al Horford, Kevin Love, Marcin Gortat, Blake Griffin, Luis Scola, and Spencer Hawes.

Kanter is a better rim protector than Al Horford, Kevin Love, Marcin Gortat, Blake Griffin, Luis Scola, and Spencer Hawes.

I'm pretty sure that I'M a better rim protector than Al Horford, Kevin Love, Marcin Gortat, Blake Griffin, Luis Scola, and Spencer Hawes.