What's new

Rudy Gobert has got to go

feeko

Before anyone bites my head off, hear me out...

I used to be the biggest Gobert fan. Great defensive presence, passion, etc. Now that he was injured for a couple games and back, you can really see how much better the jazz play without him on the floor.

While he was injured the jazz were scoring in triple digits every night and blowing teams away by 15+ points, since he has been back we've been losing.

It's so clear to see. When he's in the game, the jazz struggle offesnively, he's so big that he clogs the middle. when he has the ball he has no finess and zero fundamental skills for a big man. without him the offense seems fluid, efficient, fast, fun to watch. with him in the game slows down, these days the nba doesn't use big man like when we had malone and mark eaton.

i really also saw favors shine at center while gobert was out. what do you all think? i know we could have beat the past 3 teams if gobert was out, i know it.

thanks fellow jazz brothers and sisters. Go Jazz

I used to be the biggest Gobert fan. Great defensive presence, passion, etc. Now that he was injured for a couple games and back, you can really see how much better the jazz play without him on the floor.

While he was injured the jazz were scoring in triple digits every night and blowing teams away by 15+ points, since he has been back we've been losing.

It's so clear to see. When he's in the game, the jazz struggle offesnively, he's so big that he clogs the middle. when he has the ball he has no finess and zero fundamental skills for a big man. without him the offense seems fluid, efficient, fast, fun to watch. with him in the game slows down, these days the nba doesn't use big man like when we had malone and mark eaton.

i really also saw favors shine at center while gobert was out. what do you all think? i know we could have beat the past 3 teams if gobert was out, i know it.

Take Favors out of those games we won and put in Gobert, then add in favors with Gobert and u get the same drop off. We played a cupcake schedule with Gobert out and a tough three games when he came back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trollface.png

You are over simplifying the issue. This is not a Gobert or Favors thing. Gobert, Favors and Rubio have no business being on the court at the same time. They crush spacing and shooting. Teams can clog the paint and we cannot over come it. Gobert does need a better paint game to some degree. But he also gets a lot of dunks, offensive rebounds and is elite in screen assists.

Also as previously mentioned, the Jazz are playing a horrendously difficult schedule in December, Which is when Gobert happened to come back. It is going to continue. Still have Cavs x 2, Thunder x 2, Nuggets, Warriors, Celtics, Spurs, Warriors and Rockets.

Last edited:
I made it this far... and then decided that was enough... and that it was probably the best/clearest thing written in this thread.

Jesus, I butchered that. Lmfao

Fixing

you guys are acting like dicks.

He stated his opinion. You may rebuttal with more than just a load of pish. I think he has a point to some degree, but I don't think it's rudy's fault.

I don't think getting rid of or trading gobert fixed any of our problems. He does lack fundamentals on offense that are essential for a big man but he changes the game on defense.

The problem is RUBIO in the same lineup as gobert. Rubio can't shoot which hurts rudy's presence down low because to guard rubio is to let him jackup a shot. It's as good as a turnover. You can behind screens because rubio can't shoot for **** anyway.

Gobert is like an ace in a deck of cards. He's clearly the best card the Jazz have. However, I do question what other cards have been dealt to the Jazz. Maybe they have a straight without Gobert and don't need the ace.

I'd rather have Gobert than Favors. Those who are making fun of the OP or giving him **** are the people that deny reality and take it personal. The Jazz do not work with Favors and Gobert. In the small sample size we've seen, they work better with just Favors. That's not an opinion. If it upsets your feelings or if you think I'm wrong, you literally deny reality. Get over yourselves.

Hehepeepeecaca

Take Favors out of those games we won and put in Gobert, then add in favors with Gobert and u get the same drop off. We played a cupcake schedule with Gobert out and a tough three games when he came back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jazz have had their *** handed to them by cupcake teams with Favors and Gobert on the floor.

Rubio + Favors + Gobert at the same time is a spacing nightmare. It makes defenses guard our 3 point shot better than ever before so we have a lot more contested 3s. Favors is worth the most as an expiring contract. He has proven what he can be when he is on the floor alone, but that limits him to a Gobert backup. For those who think it could work, it hasn't for 3 years. The stats that suggest it was working are skewed by the old style league and by the Jazz's style for the last 3 years. In this 3 point NBA, faster paced, stretch offense... it just doesn't work. Favors off the bench is a beast though. Favors starting is a beast. Favors in limited minutes goes into kitten mode. He needs to start at Center for whoever he plays for.

Gobert is not 100%. The team changed direction when he was out, so he will need to adjust and get better. I have been more concerned he seems to have lost a level of intensity this year. I see it most in body language, but stats manifest a bit too. Every stat is lower other than FT% is a tick higher. I've been wondering if somehow he is unhappy about something.

If he regains he attitude, and get healthy I have no doubts he figures out how to dominate again and is much better than the injury riddled Favors. It's easy to forget that when guys come back from injury there is an adjustment period.

Edit: Rudy also got scouted, and he is having to figure out counters to what teams are doing to him along with the already mentioned spacing issues that are a coaching/FO issue.

Last edited:

We are 2-9 away and 11-5 at home. We played OKC away, the Bucks away, and the Rockets (hottest team in the NBA currently) at home. Those were our losses since Gobert has returned.
I think it has more to do with our team stinking on the road, and the schedule than it does with Gobert being back. I think we would have had the same results with him out.

On our win streak, all but one of them were at home.

Behind anger and hatred, there is lots of pain. I'm sorry for whatever you are going through in your life. Do us all a favor and delete your account.

So, besides dumb you are also a douche, nice to know.