What's new

Rudy Guarded Luka Better than Any PHX Wing

Yeah, his performance on Luka in March really helped us in the first round.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Why are you on here hating Gobert exactly? This thread is in no way degrading Mitchell. I get your White Knighting angle for Mitchell, but it doesnt exist here.

Gobert, and this is an objective fact for anyone who watched both series, made life much more difficult for Doncic than anyone on PHX has.

Yeah, his performance on Luka in March really helped us in the first round.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
So glad that you are not consumed with Gobert hate and so objective and whatever other fiction you throw yourself a parade about.

As was already said, nobody said anything about Mitchell.

Put some respect on the man's name.
this will sound like a disagreement or like i'm asking you to prove it, but i'm not doing either... i just wish there were stats to back that statement up.

rudy is such an underrated defender in terms of his ability to switch on to wings - that would be a cool stat to throw out there.

this will sound like a disagreement or like i'm asking you to prove it, but i'm not doing either... i just wish there were stats to back that statement up.

rudy is such an underrated defender in terms of his ability to switch on to wings - that would be a cool stat to throw out there.
Not really a stats based argument. I dont think makes/misses really account for true defense in small sample sizes like a playoff series, but the looks Luka had to get vs Gobert where much more difficult than what he got in PHX from my eye-test.

There could be stats to back it up, but I dont have access to that data.

Not really a stats based argument. I dont think makes/misses really account for true defense in small sample sizes like a playoff series, but the looks Luka had to get vs Gobert where much more difficult than what he got in PHX from my eye-test.

Agreed.

You can find matchup data on nba.com. Here is a link for everyone that guarded Luka in the playoffs: https://www.nba.com/stats/player/16...se&SeasonType=Playoffs&dir=D&sort=MATCHUP_FGM

This probably doesn't confirm your argument, but probably just shows how good Luka is.

You can find matchup data on nba.com. Here is a link for everyone that guarded Luka in the playoffs: https://www.nba.com/stats/player/16...se&SeasonType=Playoffs&dir=D&sort=MATCHUP_FGM

This probably doesn't confirm your argument, but probably just shows how good Luka is.
Lol yeah, it does not.

Surprised at how little Gobert actually got switched onto Doncic overall.

Ayton had really good FG% defense stats on Doncic, but DAL scored a ton of team points with Ayton on him.

Stats wise Royce was actually the best lmao. 49.5 partial possessions guarded (who knows what that really means) and Luka only got 7 shots off and their team only scored 36 points. Only player to hold Dallas under 1 point per partial possession while guarding Luka.

Lol yeah, it does not.

Surprised at how little Gobert actually got switched onto Doncic overall.

Ayton had really good FG% defense stats on Doncic, but DAL scored a ton of team points with Ayton on him.

Stats wise Royce was actually the best lmao. 49.5 partial possessions guarded (who knows what that really means) and Luka only got 7 shots off and their team only scored 36 points. Only player to hold Dallas under 1 point per partial possession while guarding Luka.

It's pretty crazy how badly Luka abused Mikal Bridges in that series.

Let's not forget the fact that Luka was coming off the injury and needed time to get really rolling.

agree that Rudy guarded Luka better. what makes me wonder is why we didn't play him longer. DFS and bullock, Dallas best defenders played 40-44 minutes in that series. Rudy OTOH never played more than 37 minutes. quin should've ramped up Rudy's minutes, this is playoff basketball and we need him on defense.

game1- 35 min
game 2 - 37
game 3 - 29
game 4 - 32
game 5 - 27
game 6 - 36