What's new

Rules Question

Mother trucker.

I knew someone would.

Did you know you have to wait 10 seconds in between posts? I'd like to bring that rule up for action at the next Moderator meeting.

We've issued infractions before for doing many posts in a row like that before.

A couple reasons:

1) In order to keep the board readable we have a rule against bizarre formatting designed to decrease readability. Disrupting readability is covered under our trolling rule.

Trolling: Deliberate attempts to disrupt the usability of the boards will be considered trolling. These include (but are not limited to) comments made solely to provoke reactions, bizarre formatting of posts, extremely large images, many new threads started right after each other, signing a negative rep comment with someone else's name, etc. Depending on the severity of the trolling, the single strike policy may be enacted.

2) Posting like that has a very negative synergy with the ignore feature. It fundamentally defeats the ability to ignore a user when full pages are spammed up with a wall of unreadable ignore message text. Specifically, this was one of the reasons we gave aintnuthin a warning (and subsequently an infraction) after some pretty absurd post binges that could have easily been consolidated. Aintnuthin, of course, was probably the most popular user to place on the ignore list at that point in time.

We've issued infractions before for doing many posts in a row like that before.

A couple reasons:

1) In order to keep the board readable we have a rule against bizarre formatting designed to decrease readability. Disrupting readability is covered under our trolling rule.

2) Posting like that has a very negative synergy with the ignore feature. It fundamentally defeats the ability to ignore a user when full pages are spammed up with a wall of unreadable ignore message text. Specifically, this was one of the reasons we gave aintnuthin a warning (and subsequently an infraction) after some pretty absurd post binges that could have easily been consolidated. Aintnuthin, of course, was probably the most popular user to place on the ignore list at that point in time.

On a different topic - is there a way to know when someone has replied to your post? Or use your post as a quote?

It's really hard to keep track of where I've posted.

On a different topic - is there a way to know when someone has replied to your post? Or use your post as a quote?

It's really hard to keep track of where I've posted.
You can change your settings to automatically subscribe to a thread you start or reply within (see the fifth option here):

https://jazzfanz.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Then you can view all your subscriptions a number of ways but this is the consolidated list:

https://jazzfanz.com/subscription.php?folderid=0

You can also elect to receive a notification when someone replies.