What's new

Sacramento and Cleveland Trade Idea

Would you swap Cousins for Cleveland's #1?

• Yes, Straight Up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, With Additional Picks

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Jeffrey32

Cleveland wants to get to the playoffs now and isn't in love with anyone at #1. Sacramento just got new ownership and is facing a max-deal or trade demand from DeMarcus Cousins. If you were Cleveland and Sacramento, would you trade DeMarcus Cousins for Cleveland's #1 pick? Maybe other picks such as Sacramento's #7 or one or two of Cleveland's #19, 31, or 33 would have to be included, but to be this seems like a win-win for both teams. Sacramento who is a long way away from being a playoff team anyways get rid of the headcase and can get a more even-tempered and possibly as good Nerlens Noel. Cleveland gets a great and playoff possible foursome for the future in Irving, Thompson, Waiters, and Cousins.

If I were Cleveland, I think I'd do that trade. The threesome with Irving, Waiters and Cousins could be prolific. Just need to add a floor spacer and dedicated rebounder/defender, which Thompson might already be. Cleveland isn't going to get a better player than Cousins without being top of the lottery, and they can't keep winning it.

If I'm Sacramento though, I wouldn't be in a hurry to do that, notwithstanding the fact that Cousins could become a cancer (if he isn't already). With new ownership in place, maybe Sacto can take another down year, use this draft to pick up two lottery talents and get in next year's lottery to boot. That would give them a new lotto three under the new management.