What's new

Season Tickets

r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t

Contributor
i'm considering getting season tickets for next year. you all think i'm a glutton for punishment, right? i'm not so down on the team like most everyone here. and the Jazz haven't lost a game i attended in many years.

anyway, i have a few questions for you experts (the coherent 5% of you):

how much does it cost for a half-decent upper-bowl season ticket seat (i'm assuming i can't swing the lower bowl)?

how easy is it to resell tickets to the occasional game i might miss? how much can i expect to lose in the transaction?

what perks am i going to get as a "season ticket holder"?

am i insane?

TIA

i'm considering getting season tickets for next year. you all think i'm a glutton for punishment, right? i'm not so down on the team like most everyone here. and the Jazz haven't lost a game i attended in many years.

anyway, i have a few questions for you experts (the coherent 5% of you):

how much does it cost for a half-decent upper-bowl season ticket seat (i'm assuming i can't swing the lower bowl)?

You can get a decent seat for about $400 each.

how easy is it to resell tickets to the occasional game i might miss? how much can i expect to lose in the transaction?

It depends on how the team is doing. Supply and demand.

what perks am i going to get as a "season ticket holder"?

Discounts on concessions/Fanz, team meet and greets, presale on some ESA events, among other things.

am i insane?

Probably

TIA

No. I love having season tickets. I have the cheap seats (about $8.50/game) and love it. You have a guaranteed ticket to every game and might even get to know the people around you. You also get some decent perks (10% off at fanzz, usually some free vouchers to some bees games or rocky mountain raceway, an autograph session, free gift [which was a signed Deron jersey this year], option to buy additional tickets to games on presale, presale on other ESA events [which often suck so I've never used] etc.). They also do "chalk talks" a few times during the year where an assistant or KOC comes and does a little Q&A with the season ticket holders.

Here is the pricing map: https://www.nba.com/jazz/tickets/1112buyseasontickets_map.html

The only thing that sucks is that they charge you for the preseason games.

I imagine that there will be a lot of people not renewing season tickets next year so hopefully you will get the chance to start in the middle of the upper bowl (and not farther back). I was on row 17 when I first got them, but have since moved up to row 11 of the upper bowl. I really like them.

I am actually moving to California this summer and will not be renewing. There is a chance one of my friends takes over my seats, but if you are interested then I would consider giving you my seat location.

Regarding your question about selling them, I generally don't resell them. I pay for them during the summer before the season and view it as a sunk cost once the season rolls around. Thus, I usually give them away to friends or let me two friends I share with have my seat to bring someone else. However, I have sold them a few times. You will have to go on stubhub or craigslist to look at prices, but the price you pay for each ticket is about half the face value. Thus, you probably won't lose money by selling it unless you are trying to sell tickets to the bottom teams. I know the swanvideo guy (can't remember his screen name for sure on here) sells his a lot. So there are probably others on here that are more familiar with how hard it is to sell.

Here is a page listing the benefits: https://www.nba.com/jazz/tickets/1112buyseasontickets_benefits.html

Last edited:
I was on row 17 when I first got them, but have since moved up to row 11 of the upper bowl.

is that the nearest row in the $8.50 section?

$350 IN ENTERTAINMENT CREDITS
Spend on your choice of additional tickets to the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees, or Miller Motorsports Park throughout the 2011-12 season. Some restrictions apply. Only valid for tickets.

what does this mean? they're going to give me $350 in Jazz tickets, if i want?

SEAT UPGRADES
Ever been upgraded to first class when checking in for a flight? Well, get ready to receive upgrades to better seats at Jazz games based on availability.

actually, i have never been upgraded to first class when checking in for a flight. does this answer my next question: "how often do season ticket seats get upgraded?"

It depends on how the team is doing. Supply and demand.

let's just say, hypothetically, i had to sell my Lakers-game tickets to some deranged, homesick zoobie (not that i would ever do that). how many Twolves/Kings/Cavs games would that pay for?

let's just say, hypothetically, i had to sell my Lakers-game tickets to some deranged, homesick zoobie (not that i would ever do that). how many Twolves/Kings/Cavs games would that pay for?

I really don't know, because no self-respecting human being would ever sell their Jazz tickets to a Laker fan. But if someone was crawling through the gutter, they could probably get above face value. The Laker fan **********s are more than happy to shell out their money so they can have a piss yellow circle jerk while taunting long suffering Jazz fans.

Wow, I can't believe that word passed the filter. AWESOME!

You know how cheap Utahn's are anyway, right? You'd be dumpster diving selling them to a zoob.

Back when I sold cars for LHM, this BYU dad got pissed when a nearly new Honda Civic was listed for a nearly new Honda Civic price. He ripped a copy of a NADA printout from his jacket to prove the car was only worth half the price. He was screaming at me "greatly disgusted" while marching away. I calmly responded "you entered 298,000 miles and this one has 26k, jackass". They're pretty much all like that, so stay north.

Lakers fans are real jerks.

Last edited:
is that the nearest row in the $8.50 section?

No, but it depends on the section. I am behind the basket and that price goes up to about row 8 I believe. If you sit along the side of the court it only goes to like row 14 or something, but you probably won't get seats that close being a new ticket owner. They move you up every year so the tenured STH get priority.

what does this mean? they're going to give me $350 in Jazz tickets, if i want?
They didn't give this to us for Jazz games this year (I don't think), but they did give us credits this year to the bees, miller sports park, etc. Basically it's money you can use to buy tickets to those events. It sounds like they will give you credits to buy additional jazz tickets. You won't be able to use it towards your seasons. Call a ticket rep, they are usually pretty nice and helpful and definitely know more than me.

actually, i have never been upgraded to first class when checking in for a flight. does this answer my next question: "how often do season ticket seats get upgraded?"

This season the Jazz started a thing where they give you a voucher that you can use to upgrade your seat for a game. You have to show up to the game 30 minutes early and they will exchange your regular seat for a lower bowl seat (that went unsold). It is subject to availablity meaning that you probably won't get an upgrade for the Lakers, Celtics, etc. and they only gave me one voucher per seat this year. I have no idea if they will only do it once for you next year of if they plan on expanding it and letting you do it a few times throughout the year.

my plan was to have my first lady read this thread to convince her we should buy season tickets...

Well my wife comes to a lot of games and she loves it. She isn't a hard core sports fan either. It's a fun date night and not much more than going to the movies (assuming you get the 8.50 upper bowls). I've loved having season tickets and would do it again if I wasn't moving.

Another major pro of having seasons...you are guaranteed playoff tickets and get them at a HUGE discount from the face value. This is a huge savings.

No. I love having season tickets. I have the cheap seats (about $8.50/game) and love it. You have a guaranteed ticket to every game and might even get to know the people around you. You also get some decent perks (10% off at fanzz, usually some free vouchers to some bees games or rocky mountain raceway, an autograph session, free gift [which was a signed Deron jersey this year], option to buy additional tickets to games on presale, presale on other ESA events [which often suck so I've never used] etc.). They also do "chalk talks" a few times during the year where an assistant or KOC comes and does a little Q&A with the season ticket holders.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Upperbowl Edmonton Oilers Hockey Tickets range from $30 at the least to around $130ish. =( soo cheap...

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Upperbowl Edmonton Oilers Hockey Tickets range from $30 at the least to around $130ish. =( soo cheap...

That's the season ticket holder price. Face value is $17. I agree it is still very cheap, but do the Oilers season ticket holders pay $30/game or is that the face value?