What's new

"Shock Lake City"

Glass,

I think you have drank the juice. Getting Jefferson is nice but the Jazz have lost Boozer, KK, Wes and two first round draft picks to get him. Sorry but I need more but it is a start.

One of those picks likely being worthless and the other could end up just being cash anyway. It remains to be seen on the KK and Wes front as what we will try to do to replace them. As far as Boozer... This is a much better option than Boozer. While we will still be weak defensively we now have Jefferson and Sap in our starting lineup.

So wait, is Matthew gone? I mean, it's for sure that the Jazz are not going to match?

KK is EASILY replaced by Gordon. How many made 3's did KK average? You'll be surprised...

Wait for it, wait for it...ding, ding, ding: 59 made 3's in 52 games. That's 1.1 MADE 3's per game. You call that a threat? I don't care if Honzward doesn't quite have Korver's range and NEVER attempts a 3. That costs us a whopping ONE point per game (assuming a MADE 2 instead of a MADE 3). I fully believe Honzward is capable of averaging 7/2/2 as a rookie if he plays 20 mins. He won't be worse on defense and has considerably more upside, especially in terms of ball-handling, passing and driving to the hoop.

IMO, Jefferson is at least = to Boozer. And I think Jefferson + Millsap >>> Boozer + Millsap. Having a guy that can legitimately play a low-post 5 allows Millsap to move into the starting lineup and the JAzz to be collectively better at the 4/5.

Yep, losing Matthews is a blow if it happens. He was a decent SG. But that's exactly why I said Utah STILL needs to get a starting wing to be a legit contender. CJ deserves a shot, but IMO, he's better suited to be a gunner off the bench and back up both wing positions.

JAzz may be worse off with CJ starting now instead of Wesley. But I think they need to pass on the offer. Matching ties their hands at the deadline. They'd have to try to DUMP AK's contract, or just eat it and pay a ton of tax. That probably puts them out of the hunt for a top-tier wing, as all they'd have to offer is the MLE next season.

Don't match and they can trade AK's contract for perhaps up to $14M for longer-term salaries and be under the tax. Then you take the rest in throw-ins you can buy out or that will expire.

Last edited:
Im excited to see how Jefferson does against Gasol. If he is capable of owning Gasol on offense, then we have a chance.

Really? Who are you? Have we ever talked about watching a game together? Are you on a mission? Are you Morman?
1. I AM LEGEND.
2. Nope, never discussed it.
3. No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.
4. Yes, I'm a Moran. But I also value diversity.

Shocked the NBA world? C'mon now...

Shhh, don't tell anyone. The avatar is back.
In before the moderators remove it.

Not that I think they should. There's a lot more offensive stuff that comes across this board. And yes, I am an admirer of women with great butts and long legs. Live in LA, but I hate the silicone crap (well, maybe not quite as much as Mel Gibson - wink). Give me natural and athletic over big fake boobs any day.

Not to split hairs but Bosh isn't one of the best 7 players in the league. So they got two of the top 7 and a top 15 . Also you are up in the night about Jefferson being useless. I have saw you make several posts criticizing Al, as you mentioned we lost Booz, KK and Wes what was a better solution for the Jazz?

I just was never a fan of his game...but I do hope he does well. I guess we had to make a move...but I think people underestimate boozers game. AJ is def not a better player than Boozer was yet people are saying we got better...