What's new

Should the Jazz rest starters tonight against GSW?

Rest starters tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters

Beantown

Locke says NBA confirmed that Jazz can lose tonight and still get 3 seed. ANY scenario where the Jazz win on Wednesday they are the 3 seed.

So since it's a B2B should they go all in and rest starters tonight?

If they throw this game, and then don't win at Portland, they could very well end up in the 7 slot. I doubt they want to make that gamble...

I also got tickets for the game tonight, so it's pretty hard to be objective.

If they throw this game, and then don't win at Portland, they could very well end up in the 7 slot. I doubt they want to make that gamble...

I also got tickets for the game tonight, so it's pretty hard to be objective.
True, I didnt think about that.

Yeah there's enough up in the air right now that you just try to win both.

Also, does that mean that if we win tonight and lose tomorrow that we're in the 4 spot?

I wonder what the metrics are? Like a 30% to win both or take a 50% chance to win tomorrow if the starters rest?

If they lose tonight and win against Portland I thought I heard they would be the 3rd seed but if they face off against OKC then OKC would have the home court advantage due to weird tie breaker rules.

They should definitely not rest tonight. They should try and blow them out so the players get some rest.

Also I would rather us keep our momentum going against good teams into the playoffs.

Yeah there's enough up in the air right now that you just try to win both.

Also, does that mean that if we win tonight and lose tomorrow that we're in the 4 spot?
I heard on the radio today that Locke said that there is almost no scenario in which the Jazz finish 4th. They can be 3rd, 5th, 6th with a very remote chance at 7.

Not sure whether to trust anyone at this point. Too complicated.