What's new

Should the Mods Ban Utahjazz troll?

Should the Mods Ban Utah Jazz Troll?

• Yes, it's obvious he / she is not a fan of the Jazz and is here only to anger people

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No, we should keep the forum open to all opinions

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No, just give a warning or suspension to stop trolling

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
As I see many of us are frustrated by the troll, Utahjazz. I think we should decide as members of the board whether we want to continue to put up with someone who is here only to annoy us. Discussion and differing opinions are good but when they are not made in the interest of furthering discussion but only as a means of causing disruption, then something needs to be done. A warning or suspension for starters would at the very least be reasonable. I think we should just ban the poster and stop the nonsense.

Well We can't be communists ok?
Honest opinions are fine. It's ok to have an opinion but to constantly incite and annoy people goes beyond expressing an opinion. It's actually a hostile act. This is a fan site not a government where people's rights are involved.

It's pretty simple if you don't like him put him in ignore.

In my opinion, this entire forum should be about Jazz fans who want to discuss everything from our favorite NBA team to politics. If there is somebody on here who is obviously not a Jazz fan, their presence goes against the whole point of having the forum in the first place. I think there are potential great members who might not create an account because they see threads and trolling input he provides.

In my opinion, this entire forum should be about Jazz fans who want to discuss everything from our favorite NBA team to politics. If there is somebody on here who is obviously not a Jazz fan, their presence goes against the whole point of having the forum in the first place. I think there are potential great members who might not create an account because they see threads and trolling input he provides.
I like other opinions I don't really care about people not making an account.

We always have fans of players in this board who come and go with a player. This is no different than lots of accounts, just more active.

We always have fans of players in this board who come and go with a player. This is no different than lots of accounts, just more active.

You may have been around longer than I have, but I haven't seen a fan of another team and another player create an account and use their account to bash current Jazz players. Refresh my memory if I'm wrong.

This person is here to build up Simmons and bash on Mitchell. There is no place for him here.

The problem with this poster is not just making an opinion but intentionally aggravating people. Sure you can put the poster on ignore but why allow the "constant" agitation that is really disingenuous and not for the purpose of discussion. The poster is not a fan and I find this hostile as I said before. Intentions here are important and the poster's intent is not to objectively discuss but agitate.

The problem with this poster is not just making an opinion but intentionally aggravating people. Sure you can put the poster on ignore but why allow the "constant" agitation that is really disingenuous and not for the purpose of discussion. The poster is not a fan and I find this hostile as I said before. Intentions here are important and the poster's intent is not to objectively discuss but agitate.
They don't agitate me, I find them humorous. That's why I don't put them on ignore. If the poster bugs you you should put them on ignore.

Of all posters you should learn to use ignore the most.

You may have been around longer than I have, but I haven't seen a fan of another team and another player create an account and use their account to bash current Jazz players. Refresh my memory if I'm wrong.

This person is here to build up Simmons and bash on Mitchell. There is no place for him here.
He is a fan of Exum that's what brought him here just like most of our Australian fans. Most of our Australian posters would be gone tomorrow if we don't bring back Exum and traded Ingles.

We have had the same thing with Turkish posters as well. Many came in and only loved their hometown hero and bashed on the jazz when that player didn't get enough time or things didn't go there way.

I find it funny, if a bit predictable. I mean the whole trolling thing has been done ad nauseum, so it is hard to come up with new material, I get it. But he's not too bad as far a fake accounts go. Really much more benign than many we have had here. I have no problems with him, her, or it.

He is a fan of Exum that's what brought him here just like most of our Australian fans. Most of our Australian posters would be gone tomorrow if we don't bring back Exum and traded Ingles.

We have had the same thing with Turkish posters as well. Many came in and only loved their hometown hero and bashed on the jazz when that player didn't get enough time or things didn't go there way.
I don't get that he is an Exum fan. I don't recall any posts before the Simmons trolling. The poster hasn't mentioned Dante at all regarding his last two playoff performances which have been truly encouraging. You would think the poster would be excited about this. But not a word. The poster is not an Exum fan and probably not even from Australia.

I don't get that he is an Exum fan. I don't recall any posts before the Simmons trolling. The poster hasn't mentioned Dante at all regarding his last two playoff performances which have been truly encouraging. You would think the poster would be excited about this. But not a word. The poster is not an Exum fan and probably not even from Australia.
Well you have missed their posts about Exum then.

They might not be from Australia, they might not be an Exum fan, they might not be a Simmons fan but that has at least what they are acting as. But you can make claims about anyone on here like that.

Well you have missed their posts about Exum then.

They might not be from Australia, they might not be an Exum fan, they might not be a Simmons fan but that has at least what they are acting as. But you can make claims about anyone on here like that.
You have a link for the threads this poster has started regarding Dante?

This is not how this works. Mod's decide who gets the ban hammer and not, who is following the rules or not. Which rules to follow or not.

If any of us posed as sixersfan on a philly board and just continuously talked **** about how Ben Simmons sucks we would not have survived this long.

This is not how this works. Mod's decide who gets the ban hammer and not, who is following the rules or not. Which rules to follow or not.
Is this a democracy or autocracy that we live in? Sure you can also have tyranny of the majority as de Tocqueville pointed out two centuries ago. But the poster's action violate the purpose and intent of this site. It's fine to advocate for Simmons but to incessantly continue and then attack everything Mitchell does on a Jazz fan site is a hostile act.