What's new

sign&trade Miles+Sap+Fes for Iguodala ?

according to source below, Iguodala isn't happy in philly, what do u guys think sign & trade Miles + Sap + Fes for him?

After a rough start to the season, Andre Iguodala and coach Doug Collins look playoff bound in Philadelphia.

(NBAE/Getty Images)
Nowadays, Andre Iguodala(notes) is rarely heckled when he’s out getting a bagel.

The 76ers’ forward loves to walk the streets of downtown Philadelphia while running errands or getting a bite to eat. But last season, the outspoken fans in the City of Brotherly Love made sure that Iguodala, the franchise’s $80 million man, was aware of their disappointment.

“I heard some crazy things,” Iguodala told Yahoo! Sports. “I got cussed out in public a few times. People say, ‘You suck. Do this. Do that. You ain’t doing this and you ain’t doing that.’ ”

More From Marc J. SpearsAnthony's departure reinvigorates Nuggets Mar 23, 2011 NBA lockout could force Kidd to retire Mar 18, 2011 The 76ers failed to make the playoffs last season as Iguodala averaged 17.1 points. He’s averaging only 14.3 points this season, the third in a six-year deal. On the surface, that doesn’t bode well for a man making $12.3 million this year. But Iguodala is actually revered in Philly now for doing a lot of everything as the Sixers are poised to make the playoffs. They enter Friday holding the sixth seed in the East with 11 games left.

Iguodala doesn’t rank in the top 50 in scoring per game, but he joins Miami Heat All-Star LeBron James(notes) as the only other player in the NBA averaging at least 14 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds this season. While his scoring average is much lower than James’, Iguodala shoots just 11.4 times per game while also averaging a team-best 6.4 assists and 1.6 steals per game. The Sixers are 25-17 when he scores fewer than 17 points and 7-9 when he scores 17 or more. (He’s missed 13 games this season, mainly due to tendinitis in his Achilles’.)

“We have a lot of depth with guys that can score the ball,” Iguodala said. “So I just try to be able to facilitate to everybody and try to get my touches and put the ball in the hole myself.”

Is too much weight put on scoring?

“I don’t think it’s overrated, but it can always skew the numbers,” Iguodala said. “It can be like a cover-up for everything else.”

His defense also goes largely unnoticed. At 6-foot-6, 207 pounds, Iguodala is asked to guard point guards like Derrick Rose(notes), scorers like Dwyane Wade(notes) and smaller power forwards like Kris Humphries(notes).

“He is as good, if not better, than any wing defender in the league and doesn’t get credit for it,” Sixers first-year president Rod Thorn said. And we don’t give him much help. How many guys can do that? There are very few that can do that.”

Thorn admitted there was “some truth” to the trade rumors that swirled around Iguodala as the season began. The Sixers’ early season struggles enhanced the whispers. But after watching the Sixers turn things around and seeing Iguodala’s all-around influence on the game, Thorn stopped talking to teams about him in late December. Today, Thorn says Iguodala is worth every penny and called talks about his salary “irrelevant.”

“I would never say I would never trade anybody because if the right deal came along you would trade anybody,” Thorn said. “But we weren’t soliciting anybody at the end of December. Our team started playing well and you see what he meant to the team. There was nothing being offered that was near as good as him to begin with unless you just wanted to trade his contract and get under the salary cap. It just didn’t make any sense.” While Iguodala hopes to be an All-Star one day, he refuses to succumb to critics who say he needs to score more.

“If I let it affect me, I’d be playing different right now,” Iguodala said. “I’d be just playing for myself and trying to prove people wrong instead of playing how I know how to play basketball, which is being able to, I guess, be a chameleon and change to whatever situation I’m in for the team to be better.

“All I care about is winning. When we’re not winning, I’m not a happy person. So we’ve been winning this year lately and I’ve been happy.”That makes for pleasant trips to the bagel shop.

Um...I don't think you read that article correctly if you come out of that saying he'd be more happy in Utah than his current level of happiness in Philadelphia.

I would not trade Millsap for Iggy. And I want Millsap traded or benched. I don't want Iggy at all actually. He solves none of our problems. We need a lights out shooter at the wings, He's not one. We need a great defender at the wings, He's not one.

Why all the love here for Iggy? It reminds me of the love people used to have for Redd. Holy hell are we glad that guy is not on our team.

Iggy and Caron Butler are two guys I would have wanted a few years ago, but not now. At least not for a valuable asset in return. Like the Boozer/Okur/Dwill years we should set it up so our players peak around the same time.

Side question and I wasn't sure where to put it: What happened to Ben Gordon? He's getting like 25 minutes a game or less in Detroit and has been horrible since he moved there. Was it an injury or something? Wow, bad contract for the Pistons.

And I want Millsap traded or benched.

Why?

I'll admit, I've had my doubts about Paul, at times this year. His rebounding was horrible for a while. 2nd worst team in the league, and can't just blame AL.

Having said that, Millsap has been a beast as a player since he came back. He won't be traded or benched, nor should he be.

P.S. I don't know the answer, but if you look at trade options, who is an option for a defensive SG?

Here is a list I came up with without putting too much time into it. Thinking of defense (as much as shooting guards play defense) and also considering if their current team would actually entertain a trade:

Arron Afflalo (Restricted FA)
Marcus Thornton (Restricted FA)
Barbosa (Unrestricted FA)
Stephen Jackson
Tyreke Evans
Terrence Williams
Evan Turner
Courtney Lee
Brandon Rush
Andre Ig

Why all the love here for Iggy? It reminds me of the love people used to have for Redd. Holy hell are we glad that guy is not on our team.

Bad comparison. All Redd can do is shoot. Iguodola is a multi-dimensional player who can score, defend, pass, do it all. If you just want a shoot-the-lights-out player you can maybe look for someone like Korver who wont do much else. But there is no one out there who can defend the perimeter as well as Iguodola does(as that article posted above mentions the same) and as well as shoot 40+% from the outside(which I agree Iggy does not do) and be the overall stud that we need at SG. But Iggy is a scorer who can create for himself(and others), so I am OK with his lack of outside shooting.

If it comes down to just skills Iguodola>> Millsap and the trade is a no-brainer for us. But Philly wont do it because they would want someone better. And we wont do it either probably, because of his contract.

Why?

I'll admit, I've had my doubts about Paul, at times this year. His rebounding was horrible for a while. 2nd worst team in the league, and can't just blame AL.

Having said that, Millsap has been a beast as a player since he came back. He won't be traded or benched, nor should he be.

P.S. I don't know the answer, but if you look at trade options, who is an option for a defensive SG?

I don't think Millsap and Jefferson should be on the floor together for long stretches. They play too much alike and neither boxes out very well. I prefer Jefferson to Millsap. My statement may have come across a little harsh. I want him to be the 6th man coming off of the bench and carrying our 2nd unit. I also don't mind having him and Jefferson on the floor to finish games at times. But right now they play on the floor together almost all of the time and it would be nice to have one of them on the floor at all times. If Millsap will not accept a role as 6th man then I want him traded to add depth to other positions.