What's new

Sirius-ly speaking

moevillini

the Chief Old D'oh
Contributor
so I've been driving a borrowed car these past few weeks that has satellite radio and I'm wondering if any of you have Sirius radio, and what stations you like to listen to?

My driving is mostly local, so I don't have much time when I'm in the car to explore what's there.
So far my favorite is Channel 70, B.B. King's Bluesville radio.

I do sort of miss having a DJ though, and the occasional news updates that you get on standard radio.

Well, I'm not sure that I should admit this now that Jazzfanz' Angelino hype man is back ^^^^^^^^^ but I do have occasional L.A. withdrawals that are soothed a bit with,

Channel 11 - KIIS FM out of L.A.
Channel 140 - 24/7 L.A. Traffic reports.

That's all I've ever listened to extensively on the thing.

Last edited:
Is the lineup similar to XM? Their music channels are pretty much genre specific, and boring.

I like the LA station like Ducky though.

Is the lineup similar to XM? Their music channels are pretty much genre specific, and boring.

I like the LA station like Ducky though.

I'm not sure, but I thought XM is gone. At any rate, the thing with Sirius is that the channels are the same across the country. My daughter in Santa Monica has it in her car, and she can listen to the exact same stuff here. There's a ton of variety. Lots of international stuff too. Part of my problem is that I don't know how to store favorites and haven't had time to read the manual. And since I'm not sure how long i'll have this car, I haven't made the time.

The lower number channels are all "oldies" stations: the 50's on 5, the 60's on 6, the 70's on 7 and the 80's on 8. Then a bunch of classical stations. My daughter was just home for the weekend and she likes country so the radio was set to some channel numbered 60-something, I just kept hitting "up 1" and there seemed to be a whole series of country and religious channels until I got to #70 which was the BB King Blues channel.

edit:
And since I'm not sure how long i'll have this car, I haven't made the time.
of course, I have time to post here...
smh
:)

thanks for the suggestions guys - anyone else?