What's new

Sit Ingles Down

homeytennis

Locke nailed it that when he is in the starting lineup the spacing is awful because he can't or won't shoot. Start either Sap or Williams at the 2 and that might resolve some spacing issues on offense. Both Sap and Williams were + when they were on the floor last night and I realize a lot of it was garbage time.

Ingles "wind up" jump shot takes about a day in a half to get off. Defenders are backing off of him and daring him to start his wind up. When ever he makes a shot I'm shocked.

Ingles "wind up" jump shot takes about a day in a half to get off. Defenders are backing off of him and daring him to start his wind up. When ever he makes a shot I'm shocked.

I realize we aren't in Kansas anymore but he is or was a decent European or international player before the Jazz gig. I think he is being asked to do too much as the starting 2 and it is not in his tool box right now if it ever will be.

If rather see Exum start at the 2. He's been functioning more like a spot and shoot 2 for awhile anyways. Have him work on his off-ball stuff and shooting and then put Jingles/Sap in at the 2, move Burke out and slide Dante to point when you want him to get some experience.

Ingles shot around 40% in Europe the last two years and has always been decent from range. I'm surprised he's missing so many open shots. Still think they'll start to fall, but can't really argue with folks pushing for his return to the bench.

I realize we aren't in Kansas anymore but he is or was a decent European or international player before the Jazz gig. I think he is being asked to do too much as the starting 2 and it is not in his tool box right now if it ever will be.

Not really. He is doing everything fine but the thing people thought he would be good at, shooting. His playmaking and defense have been nice, he just can't hit shots consistently enough. I think the biggest part of it is the slowness of his shot, which I highlighted as being a potential problem when we signed him.

I like Jingles swell enough. He does so many things well that make up for his poor shooting. Why is it when we FINALLY get a guy with some heart and hustle that everyone wants to throw him under the bus?

I admit I'm not a fan of Ingles, he has unorthodox for the Nba....but he plays with personality, has high basketball IQ and plays better defense than Burks. I think he is legitimating his place on the team!

I admit I'm not a fan of Ingles, he has unorthodox for the Nba....but he plays with personality, has high basketball IQ and plays better defense than Burks. I think he is legitimating his place on the team!

Last night he showed me a lot. He is a good teammate on the floor. The Jazz shooting coach needs to work with him because some of those shots he missed are bunnies. He made an emphatic rebound on the last shot by the Bucks. I liked how he and Kanter were getting along last night.

Jingles is a good glue guy