What's new

Someone fill me in...

NUMBERICA

2022 Award Winner
So, the Jazz have only played 6 games with a team where half the players have never played together before, right? And there are 82 games, correct? And the Jazz are 3-3?

I guess I don't understand where all of the panic is coming from. That Jazz have had some wild up-and-downs, but seeing how far they've come from the first two games somehow makes me think that Deron Williams won't finish the year as the worst PG in the history of the NBA and the Jazz go 3-79.

In years past, I yearned for change because I knew what the team could do. The Jazz have made as much change as they could've to try and stay competitive. This will take some time. As I have said before, the last time the team had as much change in it's ranks, the team took two years to go from 32 games to 51 games won. I don't want to wait that long for this incarnation to work out, but I don't think we'll have to.

In conclusion; chill. Let's check back in at 20 games. Then 41.

Agreed.

In the meantime no reason we can't debate and speculate and pontificate on how we would like to see them perform or change or grow. We can also discuss how aggravating it is to watch CJ go 1 for 30 or whatever and conjecture as to how the team might fair should certain personnel changes be possible, if not always very probably.

After all, opinions are allowed at any point of the season, not just in nice clean 20 game chunks. And watching D Will put up 8 TO's in one game then near triple doubles in others is worth commenting on, imho.

So, the Jazz have only played 6 games with a team where half the players have never played together before, right? And there are 82 games, correct? And the Jazz are 3-3?

I guess I don't understand where all of the panic is coming from.

In conclusion; chill. Let's check back in at 20 games. Then 41.

...how about we check back after this road trip...when the Jazz come back 3-7?

The Jazz have gotten nothing from the 2, spotty play from the 1, 3 and 5, and very little help from the bench. The bigs have yet to be be smart enough to put a body on anyone when a shot goes up. The Jazz are still 3-3.

Size may be an issue in a few matchups this season, but so far it has been only a minor problem (if that). There are far greater concerns at this point.
Bump.

Agreed.

In the meantime no reason we can't debate and speculate and pontificate on how we would like to see them perform or change or grow. We can also discuss how aggravating it is to watch CJ go 1 for 30 or whatever and conjecture as to how the team might fair should certain personnel changes be possible, if not always very probably.

After all, opinions are allowed at any point of the season, not just in nice clean 20 game chunks. And watching D Will put up 8 TO's in one game then near triple doubles in others is worth commenting on, imho.
Agreed as well. But my point is two-pronged:
1) People are treating 6 games as though it's the entire year and/or that players and play as it has been is static.
2) The tone of the board is quite panicked.

I'm all about discussion, otherwise what is the point of this board or my participating in it? All I'm saying is we're 1/14th through the season and now is literally the worst point to evaluate the season.

Let's have some measured discussion and patience.

I love that CJ has become the whipping boy thus far. People are salivating, waiting for him to fail. I think he, like the rest of the team, will get more consistent as the season wears on. He's had some great games, and some terrible ones, just like every player on the team has so far this season.

JF needs to relax and enjoy watching the team progress and improve, which they will.

So, the Jazz have only played 6 games with a team where half the players have never played together before, right?

Wrong. They also played 8 pre-season games, after which it was clear that they were ready to contend for a championship. Obviously something has happened since then, and the Jazz seem to be destined for the lottery. Something needs to be done, and it needs to be done now before it's too late.

UTAH TRADES

3 first round draft picks
Al Jefferson
AK47
CJ Miles

CHICAGO TRADES

Carlos Boozer
Kyle Korver
Ronnie Brewer
The Ghost of MJ

I love that CJ has become the whipping boy thus far. People are salivating, waiting for him to fail. I think he, like the rest of the team, will get more consistent as the season wears on. He's had some great games, and some terrible ones, just like every player on the team has so far this season.

JF needs to relax and enjoy watching the team progress and improve, which they will.

This board has a definite scapegoat-creatin, dogpile-mongerin, peanut-butter-samich-eatin mentality to it, eh, Baby?

Kinda easy that way. All perspective can go straight out the window and after every loss you can just scream: "AK sucks" to sum it all up. Or Harp sucks, Sloan sucks, CJ sucks, Boozer sucks, Memo sucks, Deron sucks, 13th man sucks, or whatever the flavor of the day is. Best part is, all your homeys will immediately acknowledge your brilliance and superior insight.