What's new

Spell checking...

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
My home computer has a built in spell checker that will underline a word if it is incorrect. I can right click on the underlined word and get a suggestion of the correct word. It's great. My work computer doesn't have this function, and I can't figure out where to get it. I've googled it and still can't find it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and/or how to get it on my work computer?

Thanks for reading --

My home computer has a built in spell checker that will underline a word if it is incorrect. I can right click on the underlined word and get a suggestion of the correct word. It's great. My work computer doesn't have this function, and I can't figure out where to get it. I've googled it and still can't find it.

Thanks for reading --

What program are you using for word processing?Most have an option that can be added or turned on already included in the program.

Thanks for reading --

Believe it or not, I have that too. I'm still have my dyslexic moments though and my sentence structures are beyond poor.(I always want to write something that's in my head, but my brain subconsciously writes something different.) Too bad spell checker doesn't help that. I have contributed to your thread, but I am unable to help you find what you need. Hehepeepeecaca.

Click on the tab labeled "Review" along the top edge of the program. You'll see "ABC" and a blue check mark. That's your spell check.

Thanks for reading --

Same for me, I have to use IE at work and I don't have spell check. I use google chrome at home and it has a built in spell checker. If I use IE at home I don't have a built in spell checker.