What's new

starting to like Ed Davis as the safe pick to choose.

I think the front office like players whose family members played in NBA ( like Brewer- Matthews). It is logical actually because these kids will need less time to adapt. I would not be surprised if he is selected by Utah

I think one thing people are overlooking is how Davis looked better last year when playing with an NBA caliber PG in Ty Lawson. When Lawson left it was harder for Davis to get good looks at the baskets even though he did improve his stats across the board this year.

If he comes to the Jazz he's looking at the best PG in the league and one of the best set up men for PF's in the biz.

If Deron can do for Davis what he did for Millsap while he was developing his jumper, I think you've got a very good player.

ED Davis would be a terrible pick imo. He looks like a less athletic-post version of Kevin Durant without a shot.

I see Ed Davis being similar to Jermaine O'Neal. Hopefully, he could just stay healthy if we pick him.

Jermaine O'Neal? Where did that come from? Davis isn't particularly tall (O'Neal's a 7 footer), he's lanky, and he's incredibly raw. I see no comparison.

Again, why is Davis a better prospect than Larry Sanders? Davis jumps higher, but Sanders is bigger.

Jermaine O'Neal? Where did that come from? Davis isn't particularly tall (O'Neal's a 7 footer), he's lanky, and he's incredibly raw. I see no comparison.

Again, why is Davis a better prospect than Larry Sanders? Davis jumps higher, but Sanders is bigger.

Davis is only about an inch shorter. Both have a similar frame and young raw talent coming into the league. Both similar athleticly and shot blocking wise. I think Davis will be a slow bloomer in the league like O'neal was due to both being raw, but will explode on the scene in a few years like O'neal did.

Al Hortford is a better comparison to Ed Davis IMO.

And that's the positive outlook.

He is still grossly undersized at 215 and lacks a real game.

Ed Davis isn't very good IMO. If we're going for a project, why not go for one that has the most potential, Whiteside?

Al Hortford is a better comparison to Ed Davis IMO.

And that's the positive outlook.

He is still grossly undersized at 215 and lacks a real game.

Ed Davis isn't very good IMO. If we're going for a project, why not go for one that has the most potential, Whiteside?

Good point. When I watch highlight videos of Whiteside they tend to leave me more impressed than Davis's. Whiteside made big plays, at a smaller school, but
at least he performed last year. Ed Davis's highlights seem to be few and far between. Davis would still be a fun pick because of the
potential, but I think Whiteside has even more. Either one of these picks would shock me over Aldrich, Babbitt, or Udoh though.
The Jazz are going to play it safe with this lottery pick.