Still more Game 2 Thunder forum quotes-"Can't spell CHOKE without OKC"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Carmelo is an actual cancer. Do not give him the ball, should come off the bench as a center

Weather forecast in Utah for Saturday: Sunny with no chance of Thunder.

How you let Rubio score 21 I don’t understand

Donovan Mitchell was the best player on the floor tonight.

Key for the Jazz foul out Adams OKC has no big men

Wow DONOVAN MITCHELL VS westbrook, george , anthony . Rokie vs superstar

Easy win if Westbrook attacks and stops chasing stats

OKLAHOMA PLAYERS =CORRUPTS SALE THIS MATCH 27/6 IN SHOTS IN THE LAST 4?AND YOU ARE PROFESIONAL PLAYERS?YOU ARE NOT PROFESIONALS PLAYERS HOY ARE NOT PROFESIONAL TEAM YOU ONLY ARE CORRUPTS YOU ARE THE MOST CORRUPT PLAYERS IN ALL HISTORY FROM ALL SPORTS
HOW MUCH YOU SALE YOUR NEXT MATCH?

Man our bench is ridiculous smh

Can't spell CHOKE without OKC

They played one good game then came up lame! Can't be missing wide open shots like they did tonite! Can't see the Thunder doing much in Utah where the Jazz have been kicking ***! They didn't even play well and still won!??

After that terrible dismal performance I'm done with the Thunder!!! Once they get to Utah they are done like dinner anyway!!! What the hell was I thinking backing the Thunder???

Hard to be a Thunder fan. We need some shooters!!

Melo is the least clutch player in the NBA

The Thunder needed to come out in the 4th and put the hammer down! Instead they lay a huge egg by only coming up with a 14 point quarter!??? Thunder won't win playing this way in Utah!!

Donovan Mitchell becomes the 2nd rookie in NBA history to score 27+ points in his first 2 playoff games. The other: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Mitchell is a 34% 3 point shooter. We should be going under screens with him. He is awesome in the paint and when he's there it also opens up lots of looks for Gobert and offensive rebounds. I'd go under screens for Rubio too. He isn't much of a shooter off the dribble (apparently amazing and catch and shoot corner 3s though). Also Grant should be starting this series, Carmelo can't match Favors on the boards. He killed us.

also did anyone see the play when russ yelled at melo and then switched onto favors and then continued yelling at him and switched onto someone else while rubio was completely unguarded what was going on there

This is pretty much how our regular season went and pretty much how Utah’s regular season went..no surprises ..we still need to replace George and Melo with players that can shoot

rubio + gobert is an excellent defensive combo. few pg / c combos are as good as that one defensively. usually great defensive c play with bad defensive pg.

quinn snyder confidently remarked about the jump shooting after game 1 and it certainly seemed prophetic now. i thought brewer did an outstanding job most of the game defensively on mitchell. in the fourth quarter, donovan decided to keep melo and grant in the game with that big lineup that was hopelessly outmatched by the jazz defense. a desire to keep melo in this game probably gave it away as much as mitchell getting hot in the 4q won it. multiple possessions died with grant and brewer in opposite corners and the jazz not giving them a second thought. and of course daddy ricky outplaying westbrook is bad news.

After game 3 "OKC in 6" After Game 4 "OKC in 7" After game 7 "OKC in 8"

Donovan Mitchell is a monster. We had no answer for Favors on the boards either.

When their defensive strategy is "hold Adams every chance you get" and he some how fouls out before Gohbert or Favors... yah, they'll win th eboard match every time. These refs need to be fired.

When a rookie gets triple the respect of the league mvp from the refs, you know the refs weren’t even pretending to call a fair game. This league is a joke

We never had a f***ing chance... Thunder 1 Refs 1 Jazz 0

Yeah its the Refs not Russ, Melo & PG going 19-58

Let’s not overreact, we just got wrecked on the boards and didn’t have Adams when we needed him We can take next game

The turning point was when we blew a 12 point lead by sending Mitchell (who was COMPLETELY out of the game) to the line for 8 ft’s in like 2 minutes (some legit calls and some gifted calls) which got him and the Jazz back into the game. Every shot he didn’t make at the end of the 3rd, he got to shoot ft’s for.

Almost zero legit calls. Game gifted to utah

Gotta give credit to Utah, they killed us on the boards tonight. I'm still salty cause the refs ****ed us over in the 4th, but there were bad calls on both sides tbh. We had our opportunities, and we choked down the stretch.

New rule just brought in - Is you're name Steven? Then you're not aloud to go straight up on defense, you must move out of the way and let your opponent score

Why does this team do this to my heart

My d*ck got smaller after this game.

However in the end Rubio hit an INSANE amount of threes, we had all our momentum stunted after a 19-0 run by the refs, we could not catch a call in the 4th, Favors went ham, any one of those things could have switched the other way and this is an OKC victory.

Can’t win a game when Gobert gets to shoot free throws every time he touches the ball. Good hell. Adams couldn’t even look at him without getting a whistle.

I thought Rubio couldn’t shoot...

That game got me so out of sorts and frustrated I just said out loud AND to myself, “I’m going to throw this chair across the ****ing universe.” Yeah, I don’t know either.

Thunder had a lead to star the fourth and the bench unit crapped out. Russell came back into the game extra early (at the 10:40 mark or so instead of the 9:30 mark, which is when he usually comes back in). Then Melo came back early. All 3 just missed shots today. **it was looking like all 3 would go for 20+pts tonight and then the 4th quarter came.

I think that the reason that refs are bad is because they are too short, they literally can't see ****, refs should be at least 6'5.

This game legit looked rigged during that 3rd quarter stretch. Completely one-sided officiating. Mitchell got FT's on like 6 straight possessions. That's some prime Kobe type ****.

Rubio won’t be able to keep up his shooting.

Mitchell was completely out of the game. Seeing 8 ft’s go in late in the 3rd/early in the 4th got him back into the game.

Jazz play good D, but we don’t run an offense that gets players good looks. PG made a bunch of shots in game 1 with hands in his face or someone within 5 feet of him rushing toward him or fighting through a weak screen. Compare that to how open Rubio was tonight. Our offensive scheme simply means our players have to be amazing, instead of running an offense that gets people open and allows players to have off nights while still scoring consistently.

Westbrook really needs to find a balance between passing too much and shooting too much.

Rubio hit 5 threes. Russ, PG, and Melo went 0-14 in the 4th quarter. I don't expect either of these things to happen the rest of the series.

Paul George looks like a one trick pony out there. Honestly looks like Klay Thompson. Which is not horrible but I expect more from PG. He’s supposed to be better. You never see him do anything but shoot jump shots from far out.

That 4th quarter. Sheesh. It was a bad one by the top 3 scorers for the team. I think I read someone say that Russ/Melo/George went 0-14 in the 4th quarter. Can't be true....

14KQaub.gif

quinn snyder confidently remarked about the jump shooting after game 1 and it certainly seemed prophetic now. i thought brewer did an outstanding job most of the game defensively on mitchell. in the fourth quarter, donovan decided to keep melo and grant in the game with that big lineup that was hopelessly outmatched by the jazz defense. a desire to keep melo in this game probably gave it away as much as mitchell getting hot in the 4q won it. multiple possessions died with grant and brewer in opposite corners and the jazz not giving them a second thought. and of course daddy ricky outplaying westbrook is bad news.

They have one smart fan!

OKC has always played the "they can't call a foul every possession" defense. Cheap clutching, grabbing and pushing, especially on rebounds. Roberson is a master of this. Guess what? Sometimes the refs won't let you do that and you need to play straight defense. Outside of Brewer, I don't think thy have anyone that can do that, including Paul George (which is weird because he used to know how to play straight up.)

OKC has always played the "they can't call a foul every possession" defense. Cheap clutching, grabbing and pushing, especially on rebounds. Roberson is a master of this. Guess what? Sometimes the refs won't let you do that and you need to play straight defense. Outside of Brewer, I don't think thy have anyone that can do that, including Paul George (which is weird because he used to know how to play straight up.)

I couldn't believe how many fouls PG was getting away with throughout the game. Didn't have a foul until like 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

I was also watching him gamble and overplay everything and thinking we'd burn him at some point... guys got past him regularly once they caught on.

I loved the "charge" he thought he took on Royce... his hips weren't square and he was one thousand percent moving and flopped like a B.

LOL the quotes to me about Melo are the funniest cuz it's like ---you're just learning this now? I coulda told you Melo was a losing type of NBA player before he even landed on the Knicks. He's not worth that cap hit, and definitely not worth the assets OKC or the Knicks traded for him..

Melo's one of the main reasons why I decided to be a NBA drifter instead of rooting for a hometown team, I didn't want to subject myself to that sort of punishment.

Theoretically you could win with Melo but not on any current team in the NBA as its currently constituted, you'd ave to build one from scratch and completely around complementary players, ideally he'd have a C like Rudy for sure.

I couldn't believe how many fouls PG was getting away with throughout the game. Didn't have a foul until like 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

that original quote was exactly what I said, OKC plays the FOUL on every possesion b/c the refs surely won't call everything right? and they indeed got away with an insane amount of swipes and hacks. The okc thunder defense lacks any kind of fluidity so it relies on just hitting people and hoping the refs dont call it.