What's new

Stockton 15 assists vs. Bulls 92

Weird to hear Stockton and Malone get such warm welcomes IN CHICAGO.

Impressive that he had 15 through 3 quarters, but I bet they could have used some in the fourth.

I'm glad that AJ can ape McHale's post moves, but he needs some tutoring by the Mailman. His ability to catch the lob pass over the defender and finish before the help defense arrives is a thing of beauty. We'd be much better off if Al could figure that out.... instead of working at a glacial pace.

so i saw the assists but where is the impressive?

Racking up assists is so much more and yet so much less than fancy passing. Knowing your teammates and their spots while reading the defense is more powerful than throwing dangerous passes at every opportunity. There's a reason Stockton dwarfs all others when it came to assists, and Karl Malone is not necessarily the reason but the beneficiary.

I'm glad that AJ can ape McHale's post moves, but he needs some tutoring by the Mailman. His ability to catch the lob pass over the defender and finish before the help defense arrives is a thing of beauty. We'd be much better off if Al could figure that out.... instead of working at a glacial pace.

It was easier back then, though. Backside D couldn't be under the foul line extended, unlike today, where backside D can hang out just outside the paint, and even sit there a couple seconds before vacating.