What's new

That actually happened quicker than I expected...

I know Al is missing his shots, but do you see how much quicker he's moving?? He's starting to get this system down, and what is the result?? 56-40 at the half on the road against a very talented and up and coming team who is the only team who gave the Lakers everything they wanted in the playoffs last year...

We have interior defense now fellas, something we haven't had since Greg Ostertag and even then we weren't that dominant in the middle... Not to mention Jefferson has gotten some awful calls against him too...

And once Jeffersons shots start going down, we're going to be that much better... And if we avoid the injury bug, I really think this team will shape into a championship calibur team... I think it will be a bit similar to the Spurs championship teams 10 years ago and how they were constructed (Duncan/Jefferson, Hayward/Ginobli, Parker/Dwill, Elliott/Bell or CJ). There are a lot of similar comparisons with those teams and this Jazz team... The only downside is there weren't teams like the Heat and Lakers in the mix at that time either... But who knows...

I know the game isn't over yet but I really think this Jazz team is going to step on the Thunders necks in this second half... They are pissed and determined and you can see it on the court...

Jefferson may be Duncan's equal on offense, but please do not ever compare them defensively again.

ManSap was the MVP yo. You didn't even mention him in your championship construction. Hayward? Lol. He's pretty terrible. Way too many nerves at this point. We'll see what he evolves in to... but Manu? No chance.

Al Jeff and Milsap in there together look pretty formidable on the glass though... I'm pretty stoked on that.

Jefferson may be Duncan's equal on offense, but please do not ever compare them defensively again.

Defense is all about effort and if Jefferson is willing to put forth that effort than yes, I think he can be Duncans equal defensively... Regardless of what you say...:rolleyes:

I think Millsap probably took it a little personally when DWill assumed big Al would be their front court all star.

I think Millsap probably took it a little personally when DWill assumed big Al would be their front court all star.
Not just DWill. The media (and folks around here) sort of forgot about or dismissed Millsap before the season. Dude's balling through 3 games to the tune of 21.3 ppg and 12.3 rpg on .634 shooting. Beastly.

ManSap was the MVP yo. You didn't even mention him in your championship construction. Hayward? Lol. He's pretty terrible. Way too many nerves at this point. We'll see what he evolves in to... but Manu? No chance.

Al Jeff and Milsap in there together look pretty formidable on the glass though... I'm pretty stoked on that.

Actually, I'm a little embarrassed that I left him out... Could you IMAGINE how good this guy would be if he were 2 or 3 inches taller?? He would dominate!! But yeah, he was definately the man tonight... But I will say one thing, when OKC went on a bit of a scary run in the 3rd, it was Jefferson making shots and getting to the free throw line to sustain the lead...

I like Jefferson a lot better than Boozer because he's willing to BANG and put a body on somebody, that wears the opposition down and only helps your team that much more...

But then again, Millsap is willing to bang too, so I've got to give him some credit there...

Why not?? At that time, Ginobli was young and inexperienced too but showed flashes... Why can't this kid be as good or better than him...

Gino was not inexperienced at all. He led Kinder Bologna to Euroleague title with Smodis. He was a steal in draft, he was overlooked. Ginobili played lots of international games for Argentina even before he came to SAS. Totally different story. I'm optimistic, too. However, please do not get over-excited.

Dude's balling through 3 games to the tune of 21.3 ppg and 12.3 rpg on .634 shooting. Beastly.

Nasty. I don't know if the PPG will hover at that level all season, but I'm guessing the rebounding probably will. Crazy thing is that he is only averaging about 6 minutes more a game, yet his stats have essentially doubled.

You guys are misunderstanding. Hayward plays a lot like Ginobili. He can drive, and shoot, like Ginobili. Watching him on the court definitely reminds me of Manu. However, that doesn't mean that he will even come close to what Manu averages.

You guys are misunderstanding. Hayward plays a lot like Ginobili. He can drive, and shoot, like Ginobili. Watching him on the court definitely reminds me of Manu. However, that doesn't mean that he will even come close to what Manu averages.

Way to put words in the OP's mouth there LW.

LOL @ all those morans who wanted Boozer back.

Does anyone think that Boozer could have led us to that win? Jefferson was a beast inside and drew so many fouls. Boozer would have scored maybe 12 points off fadeaway jumpers and would have picked up a Tech after being blocked 10 times by Ibaka and having finally dunked on him once.

At least Jefferson forces players to shoot the ball up higher. I think he'll only get better with more experience and time in this system.

Hayward was fine. CJ and AK were very good. And Millsap was the man.

This team is talented. They just need to focus on getting the ball up the court quicker and pounding the ball inside for good shots. They desperately need to avoid walking the ball up the court (which Deron did wayyyyyyyyy too much in Denver) and take the first jumper possible.

Millsap has been our MVP thus far. Very impressive. However, I really hope he doesn't wear out. His main knock has always been durability. I hope that by January he isn't worn out.

If it was just about effort, Harpring would have made atleast the second all-NBA defensive team every season. Defense requires some skills and IQ as well. Stuff like lateral quickness, quick hands, knowing opponents and all that adds to the equation

Gino was not inexperienced at all. He led Kinder Bologna to Euroleague title with Smodis. He was a steal in draft, he was overlooked. Ginobili played lots of international games for Argentina even before he came to SAS. Totally different story. I'm optimistic, too. However, please do not get over-excited.

A slight correction: Ginobili was not overlooked. Every GM and "expert" knew about him. They also knew he had a long contract to play in Europe and were not sure if he would ever play in the NBA. That's why he lasted until the end of the 2nd round. The Spurs gambled and it paid off big time.