What's new

The 2018 Wave Just Hit

The Thriller

Virginia just went to Northam. We rejected dirty Trump, Gillespie, and his racist tactics.

NJ is going for Murphy.

NY mayor is solidly in blue hands.

It begins tonight. 2018 is going to be a bloodbath. Trumpism is being rejected!

all of Thriller's posts crack me up thinking about how ironic they would sound coming from the real Chuck Norris lmaooo

Republicans are just getting wiped out tonight. It looks like democrats will retake the Virginia legislature. The first transgender person just knocked out the incumbent republican who wrote a bathroom bill. Charlotte just elected it’s first black woman as mayor. Trumpism is being wiped out by the Educated, young, and minorities. Also, exit polls are showing republican voters severely depressed. 44 percent are democrats vs 28 percent are republicans.

Clearly, the trump effect is taking its toll.

Will the gop continue to tie itself to trump? He’s such a loser. If so, how many republicans is he going to take down with them? Maybe he shouldnt be impeached? He’s our greatest weapon! We need to keep him until at least the midterms.

Today was great! There were historic wins all over the place.

That's not to say Trumpism is dead by any means, I expect his toxic brand of politics will continue to bring wins to the Rs in rural and working class districts. At the same time though anti-Trump sentiment is energizing Dems in the suburbs as well as with the young vote.

I believe those who lean Democratic in support outnumber those who lean Republican in this country, and between Trump and the healthcare debacle this summer, Republicans have given Democrats all the ammo they need get out the vote. The big question for 2018 is whether or not Democrats can keep this momentum going for another year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

Republicans are just getting wiped out tonight. It looks like democrats will retake the Virginia legislature. The first transgender person just knocked out the incumbent republican who wrote a bathroom bill. Charlotte just elected it’s first black woman as mayor. Trumpism is being wiped out by the Educated, young, and minorities. Also, exit polls are showing republican voters severely depressed. 44 percent are democrats vs 28 percent are republicans.

Clearly, the trump effect is taking its toll.

Will the gop continue to tie itself to trump? He’s such a loser. If so, how many republicans is he going to take down with them? Maybe he shouldnt be impeached? He’s our greatest weapon! We need to keep him until at least the midterms.

hahahahahahahahaha, hahahahahaha, hahahahahhahahaa, hahahahahahahahaha

please thriller bump this thread in 2018. please film your reaction it will be EPIC

Virginia just went to Northam. We rejected dirty Trump, Gillespie, and his racist tactics.

NJ is going for Murphy.

NY mayor is solidly in blue hands.

It begins tonight. 2018 is going to be a bloodbath. Trumpism is being rejected!

so you are just gonna ignore that trump lost all those places last years election. to bad california had no election, that would have been awesome. you going crazy because another democrat won cali!
donald lost NJ, Virginia and NY.

so how is has the wave hit. please explain? lolz

nothing happened. nothing to see her move along.

Mods @thriller is clearly trolling. lock delete this thread and ban thriller till next's years election!

Last edited:
Thriller dumb as **** as usual.

This was no surprise in NJ. Clinton beat Trump in the election here and the state, by large, couldn't stand Christie.

Thriller dumb as **** as usual.

This was no surprise in NJ. Clinton beat Trump in the election here and the state, by large, couldn't stand Christie.

it would have been so funny if only clai and ny and dc had elections yesterday, can you imagine how happy thriller would be. winning 60% plus being a landslide

all day i am laughing at this thread. he made my day. made me forgot about the jazz losses.

thanks thriller! wake me up when a democrat wins a state like alaska or alabama! then the 2018 wave has commenced

hnahahahahahaha thanks @thriller you made my day

NJ is certainly a pick up for the Ds in the governorship totals.

But did anyone except any of these to go red? Isn't this a little bit like the Rs crowing about picking up a house seat in Utah?

Edit: Hopefully the Ds can use these wins to build something and take one of the chambers of the Senate away from the Rs.

NJ is certainly a pick up for the Ds in the governorship totals.

But did anyone except any of these to go red? Isn't this a little bit like the Rs crowing about picking up a house seat in Utah?

Edit: Hopefully the Ds can use these wins to build something and take one of the chambers of the Senate away from the Rs.

What do you mean exactly when you say it's certainly a pickup? Murphy winning was a foregone conclusion.

What do you mean exactly when you say it's certainly a pickup? Murphy winning was a foregone conclusion.

Yes it was, but the Governorship was in the hands of an R. So while it is a foregone conclusion that the Ds were winning the seat it increases their total by 1.

I think last night was more then just NJ and Va. though, even in Va., nobody expected the Dems to come close to taking the state assembly, and pending outcomes in the real close contests, they might.

The Democrats won from coast to coast, and races large and small. The governor's race was expected to be close in Virginia. Gillespie was clobbered instead. Gillespie used every trick in Trump's bag, and he got clobbered. In other words, Trumpism without Trump just did not work well at all.

Most important, perhaps, is that equality and inclusion won, the Trump politics of division was walloped. Just look at all these firsts from coast to coast by Democratic candidates. Last night, anyway, the Republicans clearly lost the culture wars. Equality in race and inclusiveness in life style won big:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...rsts-election-day_us_5a026c51e4b092053058cf38

Just a hard lesson for Republicans last night:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...cover_there_is_no_trumpism_without_trump.html

"There are lessons here, for all sides. With this potent anti-Trump energy, Democrats have even more reason to step up recruitment and find candidates for every race. For the first time in years, Democrats contested local races across the country, and it paid tangible dividends. Republicans, in turn, have a couple of test cases for "Trumpism without Trump," of what happens when a traditional Republican candidate runs a Trump-like campaign, without embracing the president himself.

The limits of that strategy will be the enduring effect of the race in Virginia, regardless of which party ends up capturing the House of Delegates. "Trumpism without Trump" is just a euphemism for the politics of white identity—for campaigns tuned to white racism and designed to stoke white racial resentment. This politics consumed the last weeks and months of the Virginia election, and its decisive defeat is one of the most important outcomes of Tuesday's voting".

Given that just a year ago, the Democrats looked absolutely dead, it's way too early to take much of anything out of this. I HOPE that we as a nation are waking up, but a handful of downballot races are just barely above the point of significance.

I love that list of historic wins last night - lots of women, non-whites, LGBTQ, etc. It restores my faith that this country just might disinherit its white nationalist patriarchal past in favor of diversity and equal opportunity.

My favorite win is Danica Roem, a transgender woman, beating a Republican guy who had introduced a "bathroom bill" in Virginia last year.

Too soon to tell what this will mean for next year's elections, but I imagine we can count on Trump to continue to be an ineffective leader for another year. Not that I am excited about the Democrats as a party either, as they really need to get their act together on a national level.

My favorite win is Danica Roem, a transgender woman, beating a Republican guy who had introduced a "bathroom bill" in Virginia last year.

I read that he called himself "Virginia's chief homophobe," or something like that.

You know Christie wasn't running, right?

No ****, Sherlock. This really isn't rocket science we're dealing with here. People hated the D Corzine. So the R's came out in droves and voted for the R Christie. People hated Christie so the D's came out in droves and voted for the D Murphy.