What's new

The Amazing Mr. Clutch

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
So don't blame Trey for the loss tonight. He was CLUTCH!

He missed a jumper at 5:07 and then went 3-4 in the last five minutes of the game, scoring 7 points. And we all know that's the only thing that matters. If you can shoot like that in the last 5 mins of a game, you can go 1-11 the first 3 1/2 quarters. The rest of the team is 100% at fault for not carrying their CLUTCH player until the game was on the line.

How about... Trey don't shoot until the 5 min mark of the 4th? How about... distribute and shoot only open layups for 3 quarters... then... have your way with 5 min to go.

I'd much prefer him at 3/5 than 4/16 per game...

so are you gonna post Mr. amazing MAXGOAT when he goes 1-11 in first 3 qtrs?
The problem is not that he had a game like that. The problem is that pretty much every game of his is like that. Anybody can have a bad game, but when 3/4 of your games are like that... it weighs on your team.

so are you gonna post Mr. amazing MAXGOAT when he goes 1-11 in first 3 qtrs?

No, I just remember several posters last season claiming Trey was great because he was "Clutch," as if his 38%/33% overall shooting didn't matter. I will admit his percentages go way up in the last 5 minutes, but he kills the team for the first 3 1/2 quarters.

Nobody was clutch tonight...Even Hayward forgot how to walk and clumsily falls down on a crucial possession.

No, I just remember several posters last season claiming Trey was great because he was "Clutch," as if his 38%/33% overall shooting didn't matter. I will admit his percentages go way up in the last 5 minutes, but he kills the team for the first 3 1/2 quarters.

Trey's last 10 games

33.3min .437fg% 1.8reb 6.4assts 13.0 pts

he had a horrible start to a season fg% wise. but he picked it up past 10 games. he had deja vu again tonight. but hope it's not the norm. i like trey who shoots 43%

So don't blame Trey for the loss tonight. He was CLUTCH!

He missed a jumper at 5:07 and then went 3-4 in the last five minutes of the game, scoring 7 points. And we all know that's the only thing that matters. If you can shoot like that in the last 5 mins of a game, you can go 1-11 the first 3 1/2 quarters. The rest of the team is 100% at fault for not carrying their CLUTCH player until the game was on the line.

How about... Trey don't shoot until the 5 min mark of the 4th? How about... distribute and shoot only open layups for 3 quarters... then... have your way with 5 min to go.

I'd much prefer him at 3/5 than 4/16 per game...

I know it is cool to hate all utah player who is not all start like a Gordon but how about Quinn stops caging the beast living inside Mr. Clutch? It is obvious Trey can play. It is obvious he can make the hard shot. How about coach Quitt stops pressure Trey into doing what he cannot do for 44 minutes before riding his piggyback for final 4 minutes of game and then taking all credits and blaming Trey in post game for not making the extra effort?

How can Quitt say Trey need to step up his game and take responsibility when he has not stepped up his game to put team in position to succeed? I do not see point in singling Trey out with his head claw fingers gesture there. Lack of character.

Well, I lived to see this... blaming a coach for wanting a player to take easy shots instead of hard ones.

trey had many good looks. just didn't fall for him tonight. happens to every damn nba players. if he just made few more buckets in the 1st, we are talking about 20pts 11asts type of game.

yes, i'm sick of the slow starts too. and 1-11 is unacceptable. but it's not the norm. past 10 games trey was shooting fairly well by his low standards.

trey had many good looks. just didn't fall for him tonight. happens to every damn nba players. if he just made few more buckets in the 1st, we are talking about 20pts 11asts type of game.

yes, i'm sick of the slow starts too. and 1-11 is unacceptable. but it's not the norm. past 10 games trey was shooting fairly well by his low standards.

Common sense post.

Trey's last 10 games

33.3min .437fg% 1.8reb 6.4assts 13.0 pts

he had a horrible start to a season fg% wise. but he picked it up past 10 games. he had deja vu again tonight. but hope it's not the norm. i like trey who shoots 43%

I had a coach whose favorite phrase (after a great OR bad game) would always say, "that's why it's called an average." He wanted to keep me even-keeled.

This is what's hilarious about the Burke "homers." You cling to one game or a few games, the last 5 mins, etc. Doesn't matter if Trey shoots 10%. There's always some magical, mystical aura that hangs around him. Trey played 70 games last season and shot 38%/33%. He's played 20 games this season and is shooting just slightly under that. You don't forget the bad just because he had a few decent games. They call it an average and Trey's averages put him among the league's worst starters on offense. I'm just glad he's a lockdown defender. Otherwise he might be considered a terrible draft pick.

Let's hope he is better this year.

The season is 25% done and he is actually slightly worse.

Oh, that's right. We've played a really tough schedule. Just wait until he starts playing against other young, inexperienced PG's. He'll start to dominate.

The season is 25% done and he is actually slightly worse.

Oh, that's right. We've played a really tough schedule. Just wait until he starts playing against other young, inexperienced PG's. He'll start to dominate.

Oof.

I had a coach whose favorite phrase (after a great OR bad game) would always say, "that's why it's called an average." He wanted to keep me even-keeled.

This is what's hilarious about the Burke "homers." You cling to one game or a few games, the last 5 mins, etc. Doesn't matter if Trey shoots 10%. There's always some magical, mystical aura that hangs around him. Trey played 70 games last season and shot 38%/33%. He's played 20 games this season and is shooting just slightly under that. You don't forget the bad just because he had a few decent games. They call it an average and Trey's averages put him among the league's worst starters on offense. I'm just glad he's a lockdown defender. Otherwise he might be considered a terrible draft pick.

bron shot .567% last year. this year? he is shooting .467%
gotta love averages. it's the new coach and the new system. it takes time.

if you are not seeing the progress in trey's offensive game then you are just not getting it. trey's shot looked off early in the season. he just didn't look comfortable. and his avg goes up when he takes it to the rim. he is doing that more often compared to last year. also he is dishing better as of late.

The worst thing is that his shooting isn't even the worst thing about his season right now...

This

The league has become whistle heavy. Little dudes seem to often get the benefit of the doubt. Take a ****ing charge Trey. Do something on D. PLEASE