What's new

The Draft Pick the Jazz Received in Kanter deal

Does anyone know what years for the 1st-round draft pick from OKC and the 2nd rounder from Detroit? Any protection on the 1st-rounder?

I heard someone say on the radio that it was top 18 protected in 2017, and top 15 protected in 2018. Not 100% positive. doesn't sound great, but could potentially be packaged with several other picks to become something greater.

Jazz own about 10 2nd rounders, all our own 1st rounders and the GS 2017 1st.

I'm surprised we didn't get a better pick out of this.

Before people cast this pick off as worthless: pls remember who we drafted with the 27th pick of the 2013 NBA Draft.

All I know is that Denver(they traded it today but I can't remember to who) has one of okc's picks before ours. That pick is top 18 protected.

Our pick comes 2 years after okc conveys the pick above. No idea about protection.

Also, look at how much leverage Boston has, with all of the picks they've stockpiled. They picked up Isaiah Thomas with a late 1st rounder & Marcus Thornton.

I'm surprised we didn't get a better pick out of this.

Before people cast this pick off as worthless: pls remember who we drafted with the 27th pick of the 2013 NBA Draft.

You're right. Technically, nobody can cast it off as worthless, it's possible to get the greatest NBA player of all-time with whatever picks the Jazz ended up receiving. I think most are just upset it couldn't be better picks, which would give the Jazz a better chance at drafting better players. I think you know that your line of thinking isn't all that great. Jazz got Gobert 27th so therefore the 27th pick is as good as number 1 overall?

Andy Larsen ‏@andyblarsen 7m7 minutes ago
1st rd pick from OKC to UTA delivered 2 yrs after their 2015/2016 one is to PHI. It is lottery protected through 2020 then turns to 2 2nds.

Andy Larsen is honestly the best Utah Jazz journalist right now. Dude asks great questions, gets great input.

2nd round pick Jazz received for Kanter is 2017 DET 2nd.

You're right. Technically, nobody can cast it off as worthless, it's possible to get the greatest NBA player of all-time with whatever picks the Jazz ended up receiving. I think most are just upset it couldn't be better picks, which would give the Jazz a better chance at drafting better players. I think you know that your line of thinking isn't all that great. Jazz got Gobert 27th so therefore the 27th pick is as good as number 1 overall?

Not saying that. At all. Of course I'd prefer a higher pick (said so in multiple threads already). We are just wrongfully dismissing this pick as valueless.

1st rd pick from OKC to UTA delivered 2 yrs after their 2015/2016 one is to PHI. It is lottery protected through 2020 then turns to 2 2nds.

Andy Larsen is honestly the best Utah Jazz journalist right now. Dude asks great questions, gets great input.

That's lame

At least we got something.

I know him, cool guy, and play soccer with him. Andy if you're on here identify yourself!!!

Not saying that. At all. Of course I'd prefer a higher pick (said so in multiple threads already). We are just wrongfully dismissing this pick as valueless.

I don't think anyone is. Most just don't think it's as much value as the Jazz should have gotten.