What's new

The great and dreadful day of the Donovan is at hand: Jazz @ Thunder 4/18/2018 6:00 pm MST

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Back on Resurrection Sunday, Elijah came to turn the hearts of the children to their fathers, before the great and dreadful day of the Donovan. Many have argued about the specific interpretation and application of this prophecy, and many have followed after false teachings.

Who is Donovan?

Billy Donovan played college basketball at Providence before becoming the 68th pick of the 1987 draft by the Utah Jazz.

28mydj.jpg

28myfo.jpg

Above, Billy Donovan is allowed to wear Jarron Collins' number 14 years before his coming.

Billy only saw the pre-season with the Jazz that year and, thanks to having future hall-of-famer John Stockton, the Jazz had no use of Billy and on November 3 of 1987, he was finally waived. Angered, Billy swore revenge on the Stockton name as long as he should live.

"Had they kept me," Donovan remarked to the Salt Lake Tribune, "they wouldn't have lost in '97 and '98 and there'd be championship banners up in those rafters, next to my assist and steals records." But Billy made a few promises on that fateful day. "One day, I will be back, and it will be great. And dreadful."

28mzc1.jpg

Alternative interpretations

920x920.jpg

Young rookie Donovan Mitchell arises on the scene in fulfillment of prophecy.

28mzsz.jpg

Tonight, Donovan takes game 2 in his hands and brings the series back to Utah tied 1-1. Donovan will have a 40 point game tonight. I don't know where that stands, but it should at least be a record for rookie playoff scoring in the past 30 years, I'd have to presume.

Shumpert-Carmelo-Meme.png

C'mon fellas. Play as loosely as you did a couple weeks back. Move the ball on offense and move your feet on D. We can do this. Let's Go Jazz. I want to see this tonight...

westfrook.gif

Last edited:
Gamethread Girl: Malala Yousafzai (born 12 July 1997)

Per Wikipedia, Malala is a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate. She is known for human rights advocacy, especially the education of women and children in northwest Pakistan, where the local Taliban had at times banned girls from attending school. The Taliban attempted to assassinate her for her activism, shooting her in the face. She survived and has continued to advocate for women's and children's education. She's currently studying for a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford. She is a total badass.

17149372_303.jpg

Gamethread Girl: Malala Yousafzai (born 12 July 1997)

Per Wikipedia, Malala is a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate. She is known for human rights advocacy, especially the education of women and children in northwest Pakistan, where the local Taliban had at times banned girls from attending school. The Taliban attempted to assassinate her for her activism, shooting her in the face. She survived and has continued to advocate for women's and children's education. She's currently studying for a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford. She is a total badass.

17149372_303.jpg

Sounds nice. Would bang.

I hope the rule of pre-emption doesn't outweigh the rule of presumption. This is a great thread line. Any team named UTAH should have a presumptive prophet waiting in the wings with a prophecy that can explain life, and/or events, at least after they happen.

I've heard some trash talk, I think it was on KALL 700 this morning maybe, about how One Donovan can't match three boys from OKCfanoke Swamp. Is that true. How can it be true. We're Utah. God is on our team.