What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I mean, if Danny trades Clarkson as soon as he becomes tradeable and gets Hardy to play Brice/Hendricks, we could easily be bottom 3.
If Lauri plays the majority of the season I don’t think so. SA tanks better than anyone. Was and Detroit gotta a head start and are putrid. One of Charlotte Portland or Memphis could get us… Ja or bane would miss some time in that scenario.

If Lauri plays the majority of the season I don’t think so. SA tanks better than anyone. Was and Detroit gotta a head start and are putrid. One of Charlotte Portland or Memphis could get us… Ja or bane would miss some time in that scenario.
I dont see memphis fully tanking. They are going to get Ja back and try and get things going. They will be like "we get in the play in and shock someone" type of deal.

Portland just won back to back on the road vs Cleveland and Indiana!

Washington and Detroit are probably not catchable (but Poole could have a random hot month and win more than you think)

I think the Jazz could get below everyone else though, especially if they are start with trading Clarkson and playing the rookies as soon as Clarkson becomes tradeable.

I dont see memphis fully tanking. They are going to get Ja back and try and get things going. They will be like "we get in the play in and shock someone" type of deal.

Portland just won back to back on the road vs Cleveland and Indiana!

Washington and Detroit are probably not catchable (but Poole could have a random hot month and win more than you think)

I think the Jazz could get below everyone else though, especially if they are start with trading Clarkson and playing the rookies as soon as Clarkson becomes tradeable.
You said we could easily be bottom 3... I don't think its true even if we offload Clarkson and play rookies. Portland is still 3-7 in their last 10 and can easily ship out Brogdon or Grant and go back to total ***. San Antonio is still down there. Charlotte might not get a healthy Lamelo for a long stint this season. Gordo can go down at any time. Memphis I agree on they are almost surely going to rise. Chicago is right there too as far as bad teams.

I don't think we can easily be bottom 3. We'd need many things to break our way (against us?) to get there. Its possible but if I had to guess now I bet we finish between 5-8. I don't think we are super motivated to be 3-4 anyway.

You said we could easily be bottom 3... I don't think its true even if we offload Clarkson and play rookies. Portland is still 3-7 in their last 10 and can easily ship out Brogdon or Grant and go back to total ***. San Antonio is still down there. Charlotte might not get a healthy Lamelo for a long stint this season. Gordo can go down at any time. Memphis I agree on they are almost surely going to rise. Chicago is right there too as far as bad teams.

I don't think we can easily be bottom 3. We'd need many things to break our way (against us?) to get there. Its possible but if I had to guess now I bet we finish between 5-8. I don't think we are super motivated to be 3-4 anyway.
I get what you are saying, but if Danny beats everyone to the punch of being pathetic, I think they could easily be the 3rd team.

Spurs on a 14 game losing streak. Just like Detroit, they are a full month removed from their last win.

Pops called out turnovers and bad fouls as their main issues and their top 3 in both TO and PF per game are the same 3 guys:
Wemby (#1 and #3)
Zach Collins (#2 and #1)
Sochan (#3 and #2)

I think they are gonna win more games down the stretch than Detroit, but will still end up having a similar record to last year.

Gonna be a tough competition. Don't see how we can be worst than Detroit, WAS, SA. SA play well the first half, good energy from youngs guys but hey have no defense and make mistake when it matters ( learning process) We probably fight for bottom 4 with Portland. DA can probably trade some guys to improve the odds but we have many youngs talented guys. And some others players ( JC, SExton....) have zero interest in playing bad if they want to appear as potential players for a good team. I think we ended bottom 5-6.

Gonna be a tough competition. Don't see how we can be worst than Detroit, WAS, SA. SA play well the first half, good energy from youngs guys but hey have no defense and make mistake when it matters ( learning process) We probably fight for bottom 4 with Portland. DA can probably trade some guys to improve the odds but we have many youngs talented guys. And some others players ( JC, SExton....) have zero interest in playing bad if they want to appear as potential players for a good team. I think we ended bottom 5-6.
I remember a lot of talk about how everyone was going to be better this season and no one was going to be tanking etc. i guess that was incorrect info.

I know some of us here like Quickley from the knicks. What is his contract situation like? Is he a guy we could or should trade for? When is he a free agent? He doesn't seem to be a very big part of the knicks rotation. seems like he doesn't get many minutes or opportunities. Maybe he isn't part of their plans for the future? 19 minutes last night. Minutes are down from last year for him.

I know some of us here like Quickley from the knicks. What is his contract situation like? Is he a guy we could or should trade for? When is he a free agent? He doesn't seem to be a very big part of the knicks rotation. seems like he doesn't get many minutes or opportunities. Maybe he isn't part of their plans for the future? 19 minutes last night. Minutes are down from last year for him.
He's 4th in scoring and 6th in minutes. He's a pretty big part of their team, but I do think the general thought is they will move him at the trade deadline. He will cost a lot.

Not that I'm against adding another average sized combo guard to the team, but I dont want to pay a lot for one.

If the idea is to start moving the team forward quickly (no pun intended), then adding him would be good.

I think the baseline would be like 2 first round picks and Clarkson for IQ/Fournier.

He's 4th in scoring and 6th in minutes. He's a pretty big part of their team, but I do think the general thought is they will move him at the trade deadline. He will cost a lot.

Not that I'm against adding another average sized combo guard to the team, but I dont want to pay a lot for one.

If the idea is to start moving the team forward quickly (no pun intended), then adding him would be good.

I think the baseline would be like 2 first round picks and Clarkson for IQ/Fournier.
I probably wouldn't want to trade for him after reading that.

I know we have their picks and are supposed to root against them, but man MIN is a fun team to watch. Just watched through a few of their games I missed and they have so many players I enjoy watching.

Slow mo is great, he does so much to help you win. One of those guys who I really wish played on the Jazz at some point.

I know we have their picks and are supposed to root against them, but man MIN is a fun team to watch. Just watched through a few of their games I missed and they have so many players I enjoy watching.

Slow mo is great, he does so much to help you win. One of those guys who I really wish played on the Jazz at some point.
There is a reason why I picked them 1st in the west. They are about as complete of a team as you will find on both sides of the ball. The scary part about them is that Jaden McDaniels has been dealing with injuries all year so if they can get him back fully healthy then they get even better on both sides of the ball. Rudy is back to being Rudy and his defensive intensity is starting to rub off on KAT who has gone from bad to solid defensively this year.

There is a reason why I picked them 1st in the west. They are about as complete of a team as you will find on both sides of the ball. The scary part about them is that Jaden McDaniels has been dealing with injuries all year so if they can get him back fully healthy then they get even better on both sides of the ball. Rudy is back to being Rudy and his defensive intensity is starting to rub off on KAT who has gone from bad to solid defensively this year.

It's truly a stacked team. I'm not surprised either....the actual surprise is that they took longer than I thought to get it together. They also only had KAT for 29 games last season and he's playing super well on both ends.

I was super excited to watch the Wolves last year and they burnt me, so I went in with tempered expectations. They have been a joy to watch. Rudy is doing less dumb **** on the court trying to "expand" his game and he looks way healthier plus his teammates actually understand how to play around the space he creates/occupies.

KAT is playing the best ball of his career. If he ever learns how to shoot a higher volume from 3 he's going to be extremely dangerous. Minnesota is probably riding on Cloud 9 with how he has helped his trade value playing "winning" basketball. They have tough decisions next year, but they will have a lot of options. Tim Connelly is a very smart GM so I dont see things going too poorly for them baring injuries.

Just hope Conley stays healthy for the playoffs. That's what ultimately did Utah in more than anything IMO.

The Wolves still need a backup PG. That's probably the only thing they are missing currently. Not someone who would play in the playoffs, but someone who could reduce Mike Conley's MPG by like 3-4 in the regular season and give him rest days.

Back