What's new

The Official I Hate Chris Anderson Thread

David Stern

since the NBA Finals are starting, this is more than appropriate. I really hope Blair gets some playing time and beats the hell out of the "birdman"

He was part of the want to be street gang formerly known as the Thuggets. Along with Melo, JR Smith and Kenyon Martin.

He was part of the want to be street gang formerly known as the Thuggets. Along with Melo, JR Smith and Kenyon Martin.

While we're on the topic of his past, lets not forget:

Varsity high school coach convinced him to take up basketball(didn't before high school)
Couldn't get the grades to get into a university, so he went to the fine Blinn college in Brenham, Texas.. where his high school coaches father worked as head coach
Convinced that he could play professionally, Andersen dropped out of Blinn, not knowing he had to officially apply for the NBA Draft to get picked up.
After a couple games in the IBL, CBA, and a stint with a semi pro group, he was drafted as the first overall pick in the NBDL draft by the Fayetteville Patriot
Called up to the Denver Nuggets that same year
After a few years with Denver, he decided to join the dunk contest in 2004 and 2005.
If you haven't seen the results from 2005, you need to. He's amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyXVnOKTMw
His career and life seem to go downhill at that point. In 2006 he was disqualified from the NBA. PEDs? LOL.. Andersen's suspension fell under the league's category of "drugs of abuse," violation of which is possible grounds for expulsion from the NBA under the league's collective bargaining agreement
After some arbitration, he was still told to go away for a couple years.
After that, he came back to the hornets, and then back to the nuggets.
On May 10, 2012, Denver NBC affiliate 9News reported that Andersen's home was the target of an investigation of a suspected Internet criminal case by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office Internet Crimes Against Children Unit. He was never charged with anything, his lawyers claiming an extortion attempt.

What a career and life, Chris Andersen! We here at Jazzfanz salute you!

You will get no arguement from me that his life is interesting and he has seen highs and lows. I simply do not like him as a BBall player due to his association with a team that basically wanted to act like a bunch of toughs when they really are not.

I have no idea what his family background is.....but my question is this: was he born with all those tattoo's or was it a "learned" practice? Oh, and one other thing! Exactly how DRUNK was he when he got the first one?

I gotta admit, I am fascinated by the character he has created. The persona makes for a WONDERFUL villain.

A guy blessed with good athleticism and size. Unfortunately, too damn lazy to develop anything. If he spent just half as much time on his game as he has on his image, hed be an allstar.

It's amazing what hard work can do. Look at the difference between kanter his rookie year and 2nd year. Millsap didnt have any offensive game his rookie year. Malone sucked at free throws.

You can always tell who actually works on their games. Birdman has been a part of the league for years and still has yet to develop a single offensive move.

My question is... What happens first?

Birdman is sent to prison?
Birdman goes bankrupt?

I find it strange that someone could hate someone else when they have never met the person. I'm pretty sure that tattoos don't define character, and that's coming from someone who doesn't have them.

In my experiences in life I have found that people will surprise you when it comes to judging someone by looks.

I find it strange that someone could hate someone else when they have never met the person. I'm pretty sure that tattoos don't define character, and that's coming from someone who doesn't have them.

In my experiences in life I have found that people will surprise you when it comes to judging someone by looks.

Oddly enough, it's the part where he didn't realize he had to apply to be drafted and is still allowed to play. Someone that dumb needs to accept his place in life.

Then it's the part where he has talent, and promise, but no willingness to apply it to development

After that, the part where he thinks he can be dunk champion(maybe drunk champion, m i rite?)

The part where he was banned from the league for a drug of abuse(which wasn't marijuanna; as many MANY players test positive for this)

Then the part where he tried to pick a fight with what might be the only other white guy on the court, in an attempt to garner street cred, which goes along with the "Look ma! I'm a tuff guy!" thuggets camp

That all being said, I might like Chris Andersen. He might be pretty cool. But I will always hate Chris "Birdman" Anderson.

Lol!

People don't hate him for his tats. People hate him for his dirty wannabe tough guy and epic fail play. That cheap shot he took on psycho T was exactly why folks hated the thuggets back in the day. I'm so glad we destroyed them. People hate him because he was given a lot of talent and wastes so much of it. He was given opportunities that 99.999 percent is of will never have and treats it without importance. Seriously man, develop a post move or stay clean for a few games or something...

There's a reason why he was out of the league a few months ago... And it's not because of his tats.

Ya? And you're ugly.