What's new

**The official, who is getting sick of seeing an "official tank watch thread" year after year?

Lakers_Slapper

It seems that every year (for the past several years) there is an "official tank watch thread". And every year I argue that there should never be a year where our goal is to "tank". We have had many many years and opportunities via trade and draft, where our team should be a competitor by now. Every year that I post those opinions I hear responses similar to, "our team has the nucleolus" that we need to be a contender." Or that we are only "a few years away" from having the contending team that we have been waiting for.
The one that I love the most is when I hear that the staff of the Utah Jazz knows exactly what they are doing and that they've done a great job and that we're only a couple years away from making something happen. And every year its the same thing. "Official Tank Watch Thread"
How many years (as fans) do we stand here with smile's on our faces? Accepting failure not only from our team but the upper management? Backing a management system that has not only been unsuccessful but failed to deliver our team any of their promises year after year. I'm not saying to run off and root for another team. I am saying when do the fans start demanding that promises be kept? When do we demand to see the same business ethics that Larry H. Miller held in place for so long? When do we as fans start demanding results instead of empty promises? When do we as fans stop accounting a 30-game win season as something successful? When do we as fans stop leaving our cue balls in our wives purses and start speaking up for our belief's on where we think our team should be by now??

Much rather have a tank thread than all of the bitch about the FO threads from the dimwits who think NBA teams just build themselves. Thread repped accordingly.

It seems that every year (for the past several years) there is an "official tank watch thread". And every year I argue that there should never be a year where our goal is to "tank". We have had many many years and opportunities via trade and draft, where our team should be a competitor by now. Every year that I post those opinions I hear responses similar to, "our team has the nucleolus" that we need to be a contender." Or that we are only "a few years away" from having the contending team that we have been waiting for.
The one that I love the most is when I hear that the staff of the Utah Jazz knows exactly what they are doing and that they've done a great job and that we're only a couple years away from making something happen. And every year its the same thing. "Official Tank Watch Thread"
How many years (as fans) do we stand here with smile's on our faces? Accepting failure not only from our team but the upper management? Backing a management system that has not only been unsuccessful but failed to deliver our team any of their promises year after year. I'm not saying to run off and root for another team. I am saying when do the fans start demanding that promises be kept? When do we demand to see the same business ethics that Larry H. Miller held in place for so long? When do we as fans start demanding results instead of empty promises? When do we as fans stop accounting a 30-game win season as something successful? When do we as fans stop leaving our cue balls in our wives purses and start speaking up for our belief's on where we think our team should be by now??

Good news! Tank threads are over. We're not tanking this year, and we will not be tanking next year. This team is built. Enjoy the ride.

chill, Tony.. easy mayn.

Well a 30-win season is better than a 25-win season. The progress from last season is what I'm happy about, not a 30-some-odd-win season in general.

I think if you want to have a tank-watch thread year after year, ur doin it wrong

it = being a fan

Good news! Tank threads are over. We're not tanking this year, and we will not be tanking next year. This team is built. Enjoy the ride.

Preach it GF!!

Come on Lakers_Slapper. Jump on this bandwagon! You can even have a window seat!! 2016 playoffs here we come!!!

I dont even remember what being a fan of a playoff team feels like.

Ditto. I want to get there so bad, but in a competitive fashion, not that joke appearance we had against the Spurs the last time we were in the playoffs.