What's new

The Shot - 1 Year Anniversary

honz

Thunder Fanatic
Contributor
One year ago today, we all were witnesses to a reminder of why we are all still Jazz fanz and sports fanz even after all these years of mediocrity and heartbreak. I still love watching this video and get goosebumps almost every time I watch it. Let us never forget that there will always be another miracle finish that will make witnessing our loss to the Cavs tonight seem worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI6iQgMp-nA

Full disclosure, I turned the game off and went to bed as well...but it was a late game and I had to wake up at 2:30 in the morning the next day.

I learned a long time ago to not turn off the game if it could conceivably be won. This was one of those situations, and it was awesome. I jumped off the couch so super hard!

I learned a long time ago to not turn off the game if it could conceivably be won. This was one of those situations, and it was awesome. I jumped off the couch so super hard!

I was at twilight watching the game all by myself, next some fraternity/sorority meeting. Gaines hit the shot and I jumped up yelling and screaming, "Did you see that ****?!!??!".

No one cared.

Last edited:
I don't know how many times I have gone back to watch that clip. Very happy that SG got back into the league.

I wish that guy would do one for the heat game.

Shut the game off, but at least I didn't shut the Millsap game off, so I think that evens it out for me.

I turned the game off when LeBron was at the line for the final time.

Yeah, I regret it. But what the hell are ya' gonna do? 9 times out of 10 the Jazz lose that game.

I changed the channel couple times but turned back to see it, that was pretty magical, i remember the next morning talking about it with my co-workers who missed it.

I got tickets to this one, first time to see the new court in person.