What's new

Top Lineup & Shooting Percentages

Twin Towers

https://www.82games.com/0910/0910UTA2.HTM

The top lineup in terms of winning percentage according to 82 games was............

Williams-Matthews-Kirilenko-Millsap-Okur

• We know Williams, AK & Millsap will be starting next season.
  • Matthews & Bell are very similar players so I think he will fit in very easily.
  • We know Jefferson is better than Okur on both ends of the floor.

Raja Bell's stats for 2004-2005
https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=49
Yes I know it was a long time ago but one factor you have to look at is Raja Bell never played really played in an offense where he would get easy mid-range shots coming off screens (after he left the Jazz). I think that is one of the reasons why he shot so well with the Jazz. I look for Raja to average close to 45 percent. And probably around 39 percent from 3.

AK's Split stats Start vs Bench
https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/splits?playerId=434
AK shot 53 percent when starting compared to 44 percent off the bench.

We know Al Jefferson will average over 50 percent from the field playing in the Jazz system where he will get easier buckets. Maybe average what Boozer shot from the field? 56 percent from field

Millsap will average around 52 percent from the field like always.

CJ Miles Split stats Start vs Bench
https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/splits?playerId=2778
Starter shot 40 percent - Off the bench 45 percent

Projected shooting percentage
D-Will: 47% - 6.5 out of 13.7 shots made
Raja Bell: 44% - 5 out of 11.3 shots made
AK (starting): 53 percent; 4.4 out 8.3 shots made
Millsap: 52 Percent - 6.6 out of 12.6 shots made
Jefferson: 54 percent from field - 10.1 out of 18.7 shots made
Okur: 45 percent - 4.3 out of 9.4 shots made
CJ Miles (off bench): 45 percent - 4.8 out of 9.9 shots made
Ronnie Price - 41 percent - 1.7 out of 4.0 shots made
Gordon Hayward: 46 percent (College FG%) 2.2 out of 4.7 shots made
Fesenko - 54 percent - 1.1 out of 1.9 shots made

Projected overall shooting percentage (per game)
49.4 percent from the field (I know its more shots than we average per game but I didn't want to cut down the shots that much for the math)

I honestly would of expected it to be higher with Millsap and Jefferson starting and playing more. Maybe Okur and Miles won't shoot as much as I think.
The lineup with the most success was with Millsap and AK and Matthews. It must be the defense that made that lineup that much better. And with a better rebounder and shot blocker in Jefferson (rather than Okur in this lineup) we should be even better defensively. Also we will be able to play Zone defense a lot more now. Okur and Boozer were not athletic enough to play the zone. Have Jefferson, AK & Millsap playing zone will be a huge advantage this coming year. Jefferson and Millsap are more athletic and more aggressive than Boozer and Okur. Which means a lot because you have to cover more ground in a zone.

Hopefully we are more efficient with scoring (FG%) than I am thinking.

Last edited:
https://www.82games.com/0910/0910UTA2.HTM

The top lineup in terms of winning percentage according to 82 games was............

Williams-Matthews-Kirilenko-Millsap-Okur

• We know Williams, AK & Millsap will be starting next season.
  • Matthews & Bell are very similar players so I think he will fit in very easily.
  • We know Jefferson is better than Okur on both ends of the floor.

I agree with exactly zero of your points here.

We DON'T know if all 3 will start. CJ could start instead of AK, AL and memo could start instead of Paul. Who knows. I'm guessing all 3 will start, but we don't know that.

Wes and Bell are not that similar...

Al is not better than okur on defense.

I agree with exactly zero of your points here.

We DON'T know if all 3 will start. CJ could start instead of AK, AL and memo could start instead of Paul. Who knows. I'm guessing all 3 will start, but we don't know that.

Wes and Bell are not that similar...

Al is not better than okur on defense.

Well your absolutely wrong.

We know Bell will start. Anybody who thinks differently is a moron. Bell is the only guy who can consistently guard the opposing SG's. Bell and Matthews have very similar games. Please tell me why they are not. Bell and Matthews are both very good man to man defender. Both using there feet not there hands on defense. They both are good outside shooters. Both move well without the ball. They both struggle a little bit dribbling the ball and being a play maker (better without the ball than with). They both are similar size and strength. There Roles will be almost identical in the Jazz system. Your a moron if you don't think they are similar.

AK starting won us a lot more games. He put us on a huge win streak last year when he started. The stats prove that AK is better off starting and Miles is better coming off the bench.

Memo is not starting. We know that for sure. He is not going to be ready to start when the season tips off. Everyone knows that.

Help Defense Jefferson>Okur
Defensive rebounds Jefferson>Okur
Shot blocking Jefferson>Okur
Man to Man defense Jefferson=Okur

Yes Jefferson is better than Okur on defense and our biggest problem was protecting the basket. Guys were getting layups after layups on us. And Jefferson is way better at that than Okur. So you think Okur Jefferson & Millsap will start? Please tell me your joking. If you think that than your a moron and have no idea about the strengths and weaknesses of our players.

And of course nobody KNOWS what the lineup will be exactly. The season hasn't started. I am just saying what I think will happen and everyone pretty much knows what our lineup is. Its pretty easy to determine if you pay attention to last year and pay attention to how they complement each other. Its obvious its a opinion. So your correcting something that we all know that has not been announced yet? Do you have any other pointless corrections?

Everybody KNOWS my [edited by moderator; inappropriate content] at least twice as far as you. Anyone who thinks differently is a moron.

Also, your mom is fat.

Well your absolutely wrong.

Thanks.

We know Bell will start. Anybody who thinks differently is a moron. Bell is the only guy who can consistently guard the opposing SG's. Bell and Matthews have very similar games. Please tell me why they are not. Bell and Matthews are both very good man to man defender. Both using there feet not there hands on defense. They both are good outside shooters. Both move well without the ball. They both struggle a little bit dribbling the ball and being a play maker (better without the ball than with). They both are similar size and strength. There Roles will be almost identical in the Jazz system. Your a moron if you don't think they are similar.

I agree that Bell will most likely start, but we don't know it. YOU are the one who is acting like its already set in stone. I'm just saying nothing about our lineup other then Dub starting is set in stone. Your use of the word "moron" is very good just so you know.

AK starting won us a lot more games. He put us on a huge win streak last year when he started. The stats prove that AK is better off starting and Miles is better coming off the bench.
It all has to do with who else is starting with AK. AK has also gone back and forth from starting and coming off the bench for the last couple years. Because of that its not set in stone that hes going to be starting. Anyone who doesnt know that is a moron. haha

Memo is not starting. We know that for sure. He is not going to be ready to start when the season tips off. Everyone knows that.

Actually nobody knows exactly when Okur is going to come back. And to think he isn't going to start when hes back is a little strange considering he has started for the last few years.

Help Defense Jefferson>Okur
Defensive rebounds Jefferson>Okur
Shot blocking Jefferson>Okur
Man to Man defense Jefferson=Okur

I agree with which player you think is better at what. However, I think the single biggest gap is how much better okur is in man to man to jefferson. There is a huge difference. Memo is a GOOD man to man defender, Jefferson is bad. They might be pretty even overall but there is no way Al is better then Memo overall.

Yes Jefferson is better than Okur on defense and our biggest problem was protecting the basket. Guys were getting layups after layups on us. And Jefferson is way better at that than Okur. So you think Okur Jefferson & Millsap will start? Please tell me your joking. If you think that than your a moron and have no idea about the strengths and weaknesses of our players.

I was getting worried, you hadn't used the word "moron" in a few sentences.

Please show me where I said Paul AL and memo would start? Oh I didn't say anything like that? ok.

Only two of the 3 will start, but nobody can say 100% which two those will be once everyone is healthy. The coaching staff hasnt even decided that yet. But you seem to act like there is no question about it and thats wrong.

We know Bell will start.
And of course nobody KNOWS what the lineup will be exactly.

um, ok.

The season hasn't started. I am just saying what I think will happen and everyone pretty much knows what our lineup is. Its pretty easy to determine if you pay attention to last year and pay attention to how they complement each other. Its obvious its a opinion. So your correcting something that we all know that has not been announced yet? Do you have any other pointless corrections?

So the world is coming to an end because I gave my opinion? Next time you post i'll just say YOU ARE RIGHT! and that will be the end of the thread.

Try not freaking out so bad next time ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any other pointless corrections?

"Your" was used incorrectly five times in your post. Should be "you are" or "you're".

All teasing aside, I appreciate the stats and projections you threw together. We can only hope the team FG% is as close to 50% as you projected. Throw in a little more effort on defense (than last year) with AK, Millsap, Jefferson and Bell getting a bulk of the minutes and we have a pretty balanced team. Should be fun to watch!

Last edited:
Again your correcting my opinion. I am stating it like a fact because its PRETTY much set in stone. But your correcting my opinion still. I know its not set in stone but you don't need to correct that. I am not stupid. I know what time of year it is and know when the depth charts are released. So keep wasting your time correcting something that I already know and everyone knows here also.

Okur will not start because it is a very serious injury. If you understand his injury than you would know that its not something you come back from strong. You have to build up your strength before you can start playing consistent minutes or big minutes. And he won't be at full strength until mid way through the season. And Okur is older so he will heal slower. Unless Okur has miracle he will have the same process as other NBA players who had this injury (or NFL).
Sloan is not going to ruin team chemistry half way through the season to start Okur. The only way he starts Okur is if we are not playing very well with the Millsap, Jefferson lineup. And Okur doesn't make that much of a difference. It will be better to bring him along slowly off the bench and slowly work up his minutes. Its horrible to change up the rotation half way through the season unless your losing.

Okur is not a good man to man defender unless its against someone just as slow as him. Okur isn't way better than Jefferson at man to man defense. its either equal or Okur is a little bit better. but Jefferson has never played on a good team so that might change.