What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

LoPo

The Trade Deadline is February 7, 2019.

Players signed in summer who can be traded as of December 15

Players re-signed in summer who can be traded as of January 15

The Jazz currently have $113 million in contracts. The luxury limit this season is $124 million. As people dream, it's fair to say that we won't go over the luxury.

In addition to our players under contract, we also have the following trade assets:

2019 1st and 2nd rounder
2020 1st rounder
2021 1st and 2nd rounder
2022 1st and 2nd rounder plus San Antonio's 2nd rounder
2023 1st and 2nd rounder
2024 1st rounder plus the better of our 2nd rounder or Cleveland's 2nd rounder

Trade Exception from Korver deal ($4 million)
Trade Exception from JoeJ deal ($3.7 million)
Trade Exception from Hood deal ($2.4 million)

Let the ideas flow....

tenor.gif

If he becomes available, he has to be the goal. Get Beal, agree to take Mahinmi, give them back as many expirings as possible including Favors and even Rubio plus add picks.

Yep yep. i'd go mostly all in for Beal. Perfect compliment to Mitchell and Ingles.

Pipe dream is Bradley Beal.

Names that keep getting mentioned are

Dinwiddie
Porter
Middleton
Brogdan
Mirotic

etc
I'd add,

Rozier
Ariza

I think Tim Hardaway is officially off the list too. NY is going to potentially use him to trade for or lure a big free agent. With Jimmy Butler off the table I don't think they need to clear that much cap space now.

Utah needs a ball dominant all star to create and take advantage of mismatches.

All star or mediocrity, fans' choice.

I wouldn't say all star or dominant, but we definitely need another bonafide scorer.

Interestingly, Toronto is the oddsmakers' favorite to land Beal, even though there haven't been any rumors about it. They do have the assets to pull it off, but I wonder if Masai will trade his good and cheap role players to acquire another maxed out star.

I don't even know who we go get, but I know this much; I would trade:

Favors - feel like a broken record because I've been saying this for years. I love the guy, but he isn't a great fit especially at $17 million

Rubio - we aren't going to win the West or a title with Rubio as our starting PG. As long as we have him, it's obvious he's our starter and playing 30mpg.

Exum - I have faith in him, but it's obvious Quin doesn't. Find some team who wants him.

Thabo - if we make other moves and he stays, fine. $5 million is way too much for him.

Udoh - if we trade Favors, we need him this year. If Favors stays, use his expiring.

Bradley - unless we definitely know he is in future plans, find some team who wants him.

I honestly believe that we would be about as good without most of these guys as we are with these guys. Our window with Gobert, Korver, Crowder and Ingles is now. We can't dick around and hope that our mediocre solid players are going to play like great starters come playoff time. And we shouldn't be worried about losing a draft pick that isn't going to be a lottery pick.

Be aggressive DL.

I don't even know who we go get, but I know this much; I would trade:

Favors - feel like a broken record because I've been saying this for years. I love the guy, but he isn't a great fit especially at $17 million

Rubio - we aren't going to win the West or a title with Rubio as our starting PG. As long as we have him, it's obvious he's our starter and playing 30mpg.

Exum - I have faith in him, but it's obvious Quin doesn't. Find some team who wants him.

Thabo - if we make other moves and he stays, fine. $5 million is way too much for him.

Udoh - if we trade Favors, we need him this year. If Favors stays, use his expiring.

Bradley - unless we definitely know he is in future plans, find some team who wants him.

I honestly believe that we would be about as good without most of these guys as we are with these guys. Our window with Gobert, Korver, Crowder and Ingles is now. We can't dick around and hope that our mediocre solid players are going to play like great starters come playoff time. And we shouldn't be worried about losing a draft pick that isn't going to be a lottery pick.

Be aggressive DL.

He's gonna get Kevin Love

Suggestions?

He's gonna get Kevin Love

I have a bad feeling about that too. The trade would probably be Exum, Favors and more 2nd rounders for Love.

The fan outrage would be ridiculous. There are so many Favors homers who would say that Favors is better than Love (which they are wrong) and we are stupid for taking on Love's contract (which they are right). Some would even argue on Exum's behalf. Not many would applaud the move. We would be better, but not good enough and then Love's contract would strangle us in a couple years.