What's new

Trade Enes Right Now!

I agree. We should be looking to trade Enes. Just for the simple fact we have our for sure center, and Kanter is only going to take minutes from him.

Also, Ive been saying we should be letting Rudy shoot. We should be developing his offensive game as much as we can in preparation for next year.

Him hitting a jump shot with great consistency would be great for the team. His jumper looks a lot like Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Gobert kind of reminds me of him, a little worse on offense a little better on defense.

Him hitting a jump shot with great consistency would be great for the team. His jumper looks a lot like Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Gobert kind of reminds me of him, a little worse on offense a little better on defense.

You saying he is a little better on defense than big z is like saying manute Bol was just a little taller than spud Webb.

Just when you think you couldn't love him any more...

His follow through looks like it would be his main problem. In one he has pretty good elbow extension and follow through, the other shot not so much.

That's it... lets ask him to shoot threes... should take him a week or two.
A week? He has 2 days before the Lakers game. Should be plenty of time to add another dimension to his game.

Handlogten and I jokingly called this yesterday in the thread about Rudy. How cool would it be to see a pick and pop with Gobert? Could you imagine the reaction if he hit a 3 in a game?

He just needs to starting getting comfortable shooting from around 10-15 range. He gets so many pick n rolls where he catches around that area and can''t score going to the rim because he is too weak and he doesn't have confidence to shoot. Would be nice to develop a little soft jumper from that area just to make defenders work a little harder on his picks.

Handlogten and I jokingly called this yesterday in the thread about Rudy. How cool would it be to see a pick and pop with Gobert? Could you imagine the reaction if he hit a 3 in a game?

It would be the coolest thing I have ever seen.

I wanted to post this, but I had to search through three pages of threads to find one about trading Kanter. I guess two stat stuffing games changes the dialogue. From the kevin Pelton live chat today on espn....

Chris (DC)Clint (SLC

I love the way Gobert has been playing, but I feel like I'm the only Jazz fan who doesn't want to give up on Kanter. Can/should the Jazz keep all 3? (Fav, Gobert, and Kanter)

Kevin Pelton (3:25 PMI'm on the record as believing the Jazz will trade Kanter by the deadline. I don't think that's entirely because of Gobert or that it would be impossible to keep all three, but personally I don't think Kanter will be worth what he gets paid this summer because of his defensive limitations. And I have an unfounded suspicion the Utah front offense feels the same way.

Kevin, are we living in a golden age of big men? Wasn't so long ago that fans were decrying the lack of good pivots in the game and now I can think of several teams with two quality, natural centers. Monroe/Drummond, Gobert/Kanter, Pekovic/Dieng and if Embiid/Noel pan out, you've got some talent to spread around. Do you think any of them will be moved by the trade deadline?

Kevin Pelton (3:49 PM)This is one of the challenges to a possible Kanter trade: Who really wants/needs him? Ben Golliver and I eventually settled on Toronto, but then I seem to want to ship every big man there.

I think the Jazz should see if they can leverage the Blazers who are trying to make the playoffs and are without LMA for 8 weeks.

I wanted to post this, but I had to search through three pages of threads to find one about trading Kanter. I guess two stat stuffing games changes the dialogue. From the kevin Pelton live chat today on espn....

Chris (DC)Clint (SLC

I love the way Gobert has been playing, but I feel like I'm the only Jazz fan who doesn't want to give up on Kanter. Can/should the Jazz keep all 3? (Fav, Gobert, and Kanter)

Kevin Pelton (3:25 PMI'm on the record as believing the Jazz will trade Kanter by the deadline. I don't think that's entirely because of Gobert or that it would be impossible to keep all three, but personally I don't think Kanter will be worth what he gets paid this summer because of his defensive limitations. And I have an unfounded suspicion the Utah front offense feels the same way.

Kevin, are we living in a golden age of big men? Wasn't so long ago that fans were decrying the lack of good pivots in the game and now I can think of several teams with two quality, natural centers. Monroe/Drummond, Gobert/Kanter, Pekovic/Dieng and if Embiid/Noel pan out, you've got some talent to spread around. Do you think any of them will be moved by the trade deadline?

Kevin Pelton (3:49 PM)This is one of the challenges to a possible Kanter trade: Who really wants/needs him? Ben Golliver and I eventually settled on Toronto, but then I seem to want to ship every big man there.

I think the Jazz should see if they can leverage the Blazers who are trying to make the playoffs and are without LMA for 8 weeks.

Theres an idea, trade him the the Blazers before they sign him like they do all Jazz free agents.