What's new

Trade ideas + offseason moves = Success.....Boom!

Hotdog

Trey Burke and GS first(top3 protected) for Nik Stauskas

Sacramento is stupid and might value a potentially starting point guard over a back up shooting guard.

I'm not sure how good Stauskas is, and they probably aren't either, which is why you have to gamble sometimes and pony up(talking about the GS pick). Maybe more.

Then trade Kanter + a couple 2nd round picks for Isaiah Thomas

In the offseason sign Draymond Green or Paul Millsap

Gobert/Favors/This year's pick?
Favors/Green/Booker
Green/Burks/Hood
Hayward/Stauskas/Burks
Thomas/Exum/Neto

I think Thomas and Green would be excellent additions to our team. Thomas can be our JJ Barea on the Mavs championship team, but better. Green solidifies our defense along with everything else. Gobert, Favors, Green, Hayward all on the court together would be nasty. Best defense in the NBA. Don't give me Green can't play sf. He can guard the three, pass, and shoot. He does everything. Max him if you have to. Thomas is cheap.

Stauskas adds another shooter, and he's on a rookie deal. He could be really good too.

If you don't think the stuff I offered would get some of those deals done, then add more to it. Spends some of these assets lying around. Now is the time to be aggressive. Strike while the Iron is hot.

Green would be high on my priority list.

1. Makes us better.
2. Makes the Warriors worse for the future (our future pick :^0)

Follow that Hawks model. Glue guys on glue guys on glue guys. Don't need selfish 1-way players like Kanter.

How is this going to work?

With those moves we would have around $5.5 Mil in cap space(additional $3.75 Mil if we can get rid of Novak).

#1 this is not going to be enough to sign Green to an offer sheet
#2 GSW would be more than happy to sign him for that kind of money

How is this going to work?

With those moves we would have around $5.5 Mil in cap space(additional $3.75 Mil if we can get rid of Novak).

#1 this is not going to be enough to sign Green to an offer sheet
#2 GSW would be more than happy to sign him for that kind of money

#1 It's close enough that we could find a way to make it work. Also, the cap might go up.
#2 Golden State is gonna be in a tough spot. They might not want to pay the tax.

#1 It's close enough that we could find a way to make it work. Also, the cap might go up.
#2 Golden State is gonna be in a tough spot. They might not want to pay the tax.

#1 Like what? Give up Dante($3.777.720) or Rodney($1.348.441) in their 2nd year of their rookie deals?
#2 It's not like they would be over the tax line by a lot, they didn't pay luxury tax for a while and they are contenders. If he is all that and than some why wouldn't they? Especially if we can just give him < $10 Mil

#1 Like what? Give up Dante($3.777.720) or Rodney($1.348.441) in their 2nd year of their rookie deals?
#2 It's not like they would be over the tax line by a lot, they didn't pay luxury tax for a while and they are contenders. If he is all that and than some why wouldn't they? Especially if we can just give him < $10 Mil

You are a Debby Downer

Unload Burks if we have to. In fact it would be ideal. His contract isn't great. Find a dumb team. They are out there.

And/Or front load Green's contract.

You are a Debby Downer

Unload Burks if we have to. In fact it would be ideal. His contract isn't great. Find a dumb team. They are out there.

And/Or front load Green's contract.

Actually I'm the exact opposite.

I like the idea of turning Kanter into Isaiah Thomas to come off the bench as a scorer. Phoenix could actually use a guy like Kanter. What does Phoenix need all of those PG's for anyway? Thomas is kind of my minimum to deal Kanter for (I would entertain sweetening the deal a little, but not a lot.) Otherwise keep him for the next two years as a third rotation big because I'm not sure Gobert's motor will allow him to play 38+ minutes a night.

Comments from GS fans on Green.

Dray is an undersize tweener PF who fills the stat sheet yet is NOT a 15 ppg guy,a 10 reb guy. $14 mill? NO WAY. He's a super "role guy". He MIGHT be offered $11 mill. Is GSW willing to pay Lux Tax? YES. No problem.

Draymond doesn't deserver over 10 mill. If he keeps it up looking as good as he has all season I could see 10 being kinda fair but anything in excess of that you have to consider letting him go.
He's restricted. And he is shooting 28% from 3 point land this month. At his current rate I doubt he gets over 10 million a year.
I hope Dray gets his shot back soon. In 15 November games he shot .357 3pt% on 70 attempts (4.66/game). In 12 December games he's shooting .294 3pt% on 51 attempts (4.25/game). Hopefully we see more November Draymond than December Draymond. At least offensively speaking that is.
He's playing like an All-Star and a DPOY

seriously, $10 mil for him is a STEAL

he's has such a rare combination at the PF position. the closest to him is Lebron playing the 4 to be honest. there aren't power forwards that could be elite defenders, guard all 5 positions, stretch the floor, find the open man etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

who cares how much he gets? Ain't my money and he isn't leaving this team. If we have to move Lee or iggy to make room, great, do it. If ownership wants to keep both those guys and go into the lux tax to keep Draymond? Sweet. Works for me as well. But he isn't leaving, so I'm happy.
The front office will pay Green whatever it takes to keep him. The bigger concerns are what to do with Lee, Dre and Barnes. Bogut is a major issue as well and I would prefer moving him this off season if possible.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1358004&start=260

Sounds like the Warriors owners are cool with going well over the max. If that's the case, we have no chance at him.

Sounds like the Warriors owners are cool with going well over the max. If that's the case, we have no chance at him.

And we'd still have to clear off the cap room (by renouncing Enes and Booker) to make an offer.

Millsap will be a free agent, just bring him back. Although he might like the East because there he goes to the playoffs and is an all star.

It sounds a lot like this board. Some people are smarter than others. They can't let Green go. If he gets maxed, they still have to match.

It isn't all about his shot. He's one of the best defenders in the league and has a high IQ.

And Kerr himself has said he is their heartbeat and leader.