What's new

Trade Kanter to OKC (or Brooklyn)

I don't know about the OP original trade, but I know the Jazz will never be a great team as long as Kanter is getting 30 minutes a night. He's just too big of a liability on defense. He could be a Boozer type player, but that's about it.

I think Kanter could play C and back-up PF in Milwaukee. They've got issues with Sanders and Henson isn't a convincing starter.

How about we trade Kanter (and maybe Burke) and take back Brandon Knight and whatever?

I think Kanter could play C and back-up PF in Milwaukee. They've got issues with Sanders and Henson isn't a convincing starter.

How about we trade Kanter (and maybe Burke) and take back Brandon Knight and whatever?

Why would they give up Knight? He is having a great year.

Sacramento is pretty desperate. Since Kanter was a #3 pick, the logic is that an underperforming #8 needs another good asset to acquire a 14/7 player. So Kanter for Stauskas and a first round pick: top-3 protected in 2015 and 2016, unprotected in 2017. Probably get it this year, but most teams want to hedge against winning the lottery. Then we see if a team needing a ton of help (like NY) would consider trading out of the top-3 to get the #7 and #11 (current draft standings). Even throw in Hood if needed.

Sacramento is pretty desperate. Since Kanter was a #3 pick, the logic is that an underperforming #8 needs another good asset to acquire a 14/7 player. So Kanter for Stauskas and a first round pick: top-3 protected in 2015 and 2016, unprotected in 2017. Probably get it this year, but most teams want to hedge against winning the lottery. Then we see if a team needing a ton of help (like NY) would consider trading out of the top-3 to get the #7 and #11 (current draft standings). Even throw in Hood if needed.

Chicago owns sacs 2015 pick top 10 protected.

Last edited:
Chicago owns sacs 2015 pick top 10 protected.

Damn! Didn't know that. That means Utah couldn't get a 1st until 2017. I'd still do it, but Sacramento would have to take all protection off the 2017 pick. That would give Utah THREE firsts in that draft!

He's an RFA, and there's been some grumbling about paying him. If they see him as the PG of the future, then you're right they won't move him.

He fits in perfectly on that team, especially since they want to make Giannis a primary playmaker.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mlbfpx8

Utah trades Kanter and Novak w/ OKC for Perkins and Reggie Jackson.

I would have thought that Utah would have to include a pick, but according to Trade Machine, this trade makes OKC +4 and saves them $2m. If need be, Utah can still throw in one of their many 2nd round picks.

Good trade for both teams.

Why would we want Jackson? He's essentially the same player as Trey. Inefficient shoot-first PG, mediocre defender, shooting horrible % from 3(WORSE than Trey), not going to the line a lot, same assists, same steals, same blocks, worse in TOs. The only thing is he's better rebounder and we are one of the leading rebounding teams in the league. And Jackson is in his 4th year, while Trey is in his second.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...acksre01&y2=2015&p2=burketr01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=