What's new

Training Camp #Musclewatch2018

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Training camp and media day are just around the corner... which bring me to one of my favorite times of year... its Musclewatch SZN!

This time every year reports of AK adding 15 lbs of muscle, or this guy added the three point shot, or this guy tested better than every athlete at P3... yada yada. Now sometimes it is true, but most times it gets exaggerated. No doubt these guys work hard but the strides they claim are often somewhat impossible.

This week I've already heard Locke say Jae lost 15 lbs. Which seems reasonable given last offseason he came in out of shape... and checked out his instagram... seems like he is noticeable more trim. I will call this verified.

Tony Jones says Favs is down 15 lbs to move around the floor better... I have reviewed the limited instagram footage and have also decided that this is verified.

Who else adds/losses 15 lbs (its never 5, 10, or 20... always 15). Who else has noticeable differences in training camp?

I'll start... Grayson has added 15 cm to his hand pad span and Dante definitely will have added 15 lbs of muscle.

Favs was already in the best shape of his career last season. He's going to be a blocking machine.

Given the choice of a soft, overweight Favors loafing up the court or a possibly too thin Favors I'll take the latter. I see benefits to this... more lift on his jumper, quicker jumping for blocks, getting back on D more quickly and the ability to create havoc when switching onto guards. Also less strain on his back, knees, feet. The negative is that he won't be able to body up his man but that's not his game anyways.

3 and D, baby.

Ingles added 15 new jokes to his routine, and 15 wojbombs to his trash talk bundle.
DM added 3 million new followers on twitter, and stopped by 15 new places with 15 new NBA stars.
Snyder added 15 minutes to practice.
Gobert added 3 pts of fear to potential drivers.
Rubio gained 15 inches of hair.
Udoh read 15 books over the summer.
Niang added one rabid fan over the summer.

All of them look fantastic and are primed for the best season of their lives. Get ready!

Jae looks thinner too... he's gotta put some shorts on the tights doe... those are underwear... not outerwear.

We're going to have a fit bunch a dudes this season. I mean who is not showing up in top shape? (Excluding Jingles, who doesn't need to train)

Why you always putting limits on my boy?

I see dudes doing that at the gym too... it’s a pet peeve... I wear the mid calf tights to workout and play ball... I love them... but that **** is underwear.

I’d say this makes it easier for him to defend other 4s. In fact, I’m not certain I can even think of any centers that thisnchange would hurt him in guarding.

I see no negatives. You can cut weight and keep functional strength. If a team decides to post up favs or Rudy I’d say we already won.

I did laugh as the day after I put this thread out there were reports that Frankie Nicotine in NY had added 15 lbs of muscle... just once I want the number to be 10 or 20... but it is always 15. Every. Time.