What's new

Trent Forrest is Legit

Guess Quin got Trent Forrest's contact converted for the playoffs.
I can see it now...

QS: "If i don't have Forrest then what the **** do I do? I can't have Butler out there hitting 3s and making solid passes and playing good defense. That's not the system! 10 assists! Bah! I have to have forest. He's the one I groomed. I didn't groom him for nothing!"

I can see it now...

QS: "If i don't have Forrest then what the **** do I do? I can't have Butler out there hitting 3s and making solid passes and playing good defense. That's not the system! 10 assists! Bah! I have to have forest. He's the one I groomed. I didn't groom him for nothing!"
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Now please do a narrative for Royce.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Now please do a narrative for Royce.
QS: "Look Royce has to play. I have no other options. I know he has slipped a lot. Listen, I told you he has those pictures of me. No, it's not that. It's...it's called Furry Play...I'm a Furry, ok?! I have to have a Furry Keeper. I told you I thought she was 18!! I am a horse, all right, the White Stallion! No she wasn't whipping me, it was as riding crop! Just....no I'm done talking about this. Enough! So, no matter what, Royce plays, now get the **** off my back about it! Ha ha very funny, I don't need anyone riding me!"

The sad thing is that they probably signed him so he would be a restricted free agent. They are actually worried another team is going to come and take him. This could also meant they don't think they'll be able to find a better back up point guard in the free agency market.

P.S. He ended the year shooting .185 from three. How is that acceptable for a backup point guard in 2022? (I've ranted on this before... but HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???? Tens of millions of dollars are on the line. He is so talented! He just needs to figure out how to shoot and he can move next door to Royce ONeale. I just don't get it! Why can't he develop a three point shot???)

QS: "Look Royce has to play. I have no other options. I know he has slipped a lot. Listen, I told you he has those pictures of me. No, it's not that. It's...it's called Furry Play...I'm a Furry, ok?! I have to have a Furry Keeper. I told you I thought she was 18!! I am a horse, all right, the White Stallion! No she wasn't whipping me, it was as riding crop! Just....no I'm done talking about this. Enough! So, no matter what, Royce plays, now get the **** off my back about it! Ha ha very funny, I don't need anyone riding me!"
Let me give a crack at this one:

Quin: You have a few different kind of guys. You have guys who can muscle, you have guys defend in space, you have guys who grind, and then you get guys who have it. It’s not common and you don’t want to make too many comparisons, but it’s something that goes beyond the box sheet; something that transcends different ways of looking at things. That’s where you find certain guys. And I don’t want to use the word special — maybe unique. Where you have a guy who you can trust in one situations, but then also turn around and rely of something different in another. It’s something that in Namibia they have a word for — “inayofaa” — which is a type of reliable versatility. This is where you find a player like Royce. You can obviously look at the big criteria, the transition, verticality, laterality, screen navigation… these are all ways of hoping to quantify effects that you’re seeing. But then there are other elements. If Rudy’s back covering the rim, is the pressure right on dribble hand offs? If there’s an outlet pass in transition, are you in position to break it up with a take foul? These are important narratives. I know you guys are paid to find the big things and that’s your job, but there’s a more complete narrative out there and it’s an important one.”