What's new

Trevor Booker

RandyForRubio

I love his energy and attitude! He seems like a good backup player, but he also seems like he is what he is at this point.

So do we resign him for $5 million per year, or try to sign another backup? If we bring Tomic over, that makes a difference, and it could make an impact on who we draft as well.

What do you guys think?

I definitely think we should keep him. He might not be the best basketball player, but coming on from the bench he looks like a leader who inspires the rest of the team to work harder.

$5 million in the NBA really isn't much for a contributing big man. I originally thought that he was signed to a favorable contract as a trade asset, but his play off the bench and the attitude that he brought immediately might be worth more than anything the Jazz would get back. I don't know if he's in their long-term plans, but I dont see them getting rid of him before his contract is up (unless someone makes an offer the Jazz can't refuse or it's absolutely necessary to use his salary to facilitate a trade.)

If he comes back next year with an improved 3-pt shot, which isn't out of the question since this is the first year he's made that a (somewhat) regular part of his arsenal, then he'll have tremendous value and will be hard to keep on the bench.

The thing about Trevor is that he creates second opportunities that NOBODY else on our team is capable of creating. Unless his money prevents a much better deal, I hope he stays put, even if we finally get Bigfoot Tomic.

Decent deal and he brings a ton of effort and energy that seems to be contagious. Only reason I'd let him go is if that littl ebit of savings is the difference for brigning in a major upgrade somewhere else.

If we need the cap space Book is expendable... If we need to match salaries in a trade book is expendable... If not he stays. Like him a lot.

On a side note I will be a little sad when/if we sign tomic. I really want to trade his draft rights since every fake lopsided jazz trade since 2008 has included his rights to make the trade fair. Not sure how to handle it if he is an actual guy on our actual team.

Unless the Jazz get a great player, like a borderline all star player at minimum, I'll be furious if Booker isn't resigned. Furious. His energy and toughness is critical to this team. Sometimes I wonder if I (and I know there's a few others here too) am the only one who believes that matters a ton.