What's new

ty corbin's son mr basketball

2nd that motion, I heard Boylen was recruiting him, it will be interesting to see how all the prospects (not just Corbin's kid) shake out for recruiting.

Congrats, to Ty Jr.!

P.S. I'm glad I'm not 6-7 inches shorter than my dad. (My dad is 5' 8".)

2nd that motion, I heard Boylen was recruiting him, it will be interesting to see how all the prospects (not just Corbin's kid) shake out for recruiting.

Perhaps if Utah would actually make a move on the coaching front, we'd know sooner about all of the possible recruits. It's been too quiet on the Utah coaching search front. Make me wonder if it is because:

-Chris Hill has everything on double-secret lockdown.
-The guy Chris Hill really wants is busy because his team is still in the Tourny,
or
-The canidates he's initially gone after have told him no.

The only two guys I've even heard Hill has talked to are the St. Marys guy and Lon Kruger down @ UNLV, but those 2 names have been speculative at best with no definite confirmation of actual meetings taking place.

Perhaps if Utah would actually make a move on the coaching front, we'd know sooner about all of the possible recruits. It's been too quiet on the Utah coaching search front. Make me wonder if it is because:

-Chris Hill has everything on double-secret lockdown.
-The guy Chris Hill really wants is busy because his team is still in the Tourny,
or
-The canidates he's initially gone after have told him no.

The only two guys I've even heard Hill has talked to are the St. Marys guy and Lon Kruger down @ UNLV, but those 2 names have been speculative at best with no definite confirmation of actual meetings taking place.

Word on the street is the U is going after Rose from BYU. I mean why not, the guy is obviously a good coach, and if BYU is going to suspend one of it's better players leading up to the tournament where they had a serious chance to contend (you're delusional if you think the Jimmer by himself can take FU) all because of some 1848 honor code rule B.S., then why wouldn't you come to Utah. You'll get better recruits, you don't have to worry about your players sexual life/orientation, and you can simply focus on basketball in a real life conference....not the joke that is the WAC.

BYU = Utah's coaching D-League team.

Word on the street is the U is going after Rose from BYU. I mean why not, the guy is obviously a good coach, and if BYU is going to suspend one of it's better players leading up to the tournament where they had a serious chance to contend (you're delusional if you think the Jimmer by himself can take FU) all because of some 1848 honor code rule B.S., then why wouldn't you come to Utah.

The decision to suspend him was almost certainly Rose's. I'm a BYU prof, and I've had about three honor code violations that I've had to deal with in my classes. Each time the honor code office has made me make all of the decisions about the students' standing in my class. Now "basketball team" isn't exactly a class, but I would be quite surprised if it wasn't handled the same way.

The decision to suspend him was almost certainly Rose's. I'm a BYU prof, and I've had about three honor code violations that I've had to deal with in my classes. Each time the honor code office has made me make all of the decisions about the students' standing in my class. Now "basketball team" isn't exactly a class, but I would be quite surprised if it wasn't handled the same way.

I did not realize BYU had such low academic standards. :)

Let's see byu has a high scoring offense a set program that is putting a player a player in the NBA. A scoring point guard that had the green light to shoot. Sounds like a perfect fit for tyrell Corbin.

So many rumors that we haven't heard anything yet because Dave Rose is the guy Chris Hill has targeted. I don't believe the rumors and I certainly hope that's not the case because Rose will tell him no.

Hope they figure something out soon. Sounds like a few guys including Clyburn are on the fence about leaving. I'd really like to keep him.

Word on the street is the U is going after Rose from BYU. I mean why not, the guy is obviously a good coach, and if BYU is going to suspend one of it's better players leading up to the tournament where they had a serious chance to contend (you're delusional if you think the Jimmer by himself can take FU) all because of some 1848 honor code rule B.S., then why wouldn't you come to Utah. You'll get better recruits, you don't have to worry about your players sexual life/orientation, and you can simply focus on basketball in a real life conference....not the joke that is the WAC.

BYU = Utah's coaching D-League team.

Some people care about things in life more than they care about winning at all costs.

Some people care about things in life more than they care about winning at all costs.

True, but I can't help but wonder if joining the WCC feels like a punch in the gut to Rose. It certainly should. The move to independence centers around football with little regard to the Basketball program. Sure, it means more $$$$ and broadcasting rights for BYU across the board but I don't think Rose and Co feel all that great about trading in UNLV, New Mexico and SDSU for the likes of what's kicking around in the WCC and their High School gyms.

Not only that, BYU will most likely be shut out of the NCAA tourny next year. There's a pretty good chance that Gonzaga is a better team than the Y next year and if you don't win the WCC Conference Tourny, you ain't going dancin.

I wouldn't blame Rose for feeling slighted. He may not be about winning at all costs, but maybe he wouldn't mind a little more respect and a level playing field.

I'd love to see Rose (or Rice, for that matter) come to Utah, but I don't see it happening.

Why be looking up in the PAC12 when you could be king of the WCC? Conference affiliation is nowhere near important in basketball as it is in football (yeah, I know... recruiting... some importance, but still not like football.) As long as he gets the money he deserves, I don't see him moving, barring an offer from a big-time program.

So he could be suspended from basketball but not his other classes, each professor makes his or her own decision, and you are a professor. None of these statements pass the smell test.

So he could be suspended from basketball but not his other classes, each professor makes his or her own decision, and you are a professor. None of these statements pass the smell test.

You may or not believe that I'm a professor, but fortunately what you believe doesn't affect the truth. ;-)

Anyway, my experience was the Honor Code office makes determination about the student's overall university standing, but as long as they decide not to kick him/her out of the university, the professor makes the determination about the individual class. In my case the issue was cheating, so once the Honor Code office made the determination that the student would not be kicked out of the university, it was left for me to determine what the appropriate penalty for the class was. This happened with three separate students in two separate classes and each time the procedure was the same. Davies' experience might be different because it wasn't a class-specific violation, but again I would be very surprised if anyone but Coach Rose made the decision to suspend him from the team.

Last edited: