What's new

UFC: Khabib vs Gaethje

Anyone watching this?
I won't be but wish I could. gaethje is one of favorite fighters of all time.
Unfortunately kabib is such a great wrestler that he should simply shoot in for the takedown over and over again until he gets it and make it a boring fight that he will win.
I think thats what happens sadly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I won't be but wish I could. gaethje is one of favorite fighters of all time.
Unfortunately kabib is such a great wrestler that he should simply shoot in for the takedown over and over again until he gets it and make it a boring fight that he will win.
I think thats what happens sadly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
One of his biggest advantages was how easy it was for him to take the opponents down, whereas I always saw Gaethje defend take down attempts automatically against wrestlers. And Justin's kicks are deadly, has devastating pressure. Gonna be an interesting one. Like both fighters attitudes very much.

Khabib beat the piss out of him. Match only lasted as long as it did because Gaethje spent most of the first round running away. As soon as Khabib got his hands on him it was all over - best ground and pound fighter who ever lived.

Khabib vs. Ferguson would have probably been a more interesting match. Even though Ferguson lost to Justin at least he wouldn't have been afraid of Khabib.

What a fight and what a dramatic ending. This fight made me respect both fighters even more. Great great stuff in so many ways.
I just wish Gaethje was not so much as excited and was his usual pressuring attitude instead of staying on an alert mode for any takedown attempt coming his way. If you ask me if there was a 2nd fight to this, Gaethje would be a whole lot different. And finally, like he said, "Khabib is a ****ing monster!"

It was expected for Khabib's final fight to be vs GSP to try 30-0, and yet I loved this reaction from GSP after this, such a good guy he is:

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP