What's new

Warnings & Infractions

This. When its to the point that you cannot even post profanity-free inuendo without getting a "warning", then it is beyond ridiculous. Some people are taking themselves WAY too seriously and need to lighten the hell up. I wasn't aware that Gayle Ruzicka was the chairman of the board for post content here.

Makes me glad I don't live under that bubble in Utah anymore.
This.
That's what my infraction was all about. After getting over the anger, I thought it was actually pretty funny. I can post $&$&*) or say Bull%&$$ (because that might be bull crap).
But if I hint wiht but one letter at the final part of the word/phrase, BAM...I'm circumventing the profanity filter. Even though others have implied a lot worse. For example, I've seen the use of "Mother &^*@&**&*^^" or a close variation quite often. But I suppose there are so many things that could mean, well...it's all very nebulous.

So I received a warning today. I tried messaging the moderator who gave it to me back and his/ her message box is full. Please advise.
I recommend you just let the moderators have their little taste of power. Most are so represssive that as a pscyhologist, I'd probably have to say they're overcompensating for the cuckold treatment they recieve at home by their dominatrix wives/girlfriends. It's healthy for them to get out from under the whip for a short period before their mistress comes back to make them lick her boots again.

I recommend you just let the moderators have their little taste of power. Most are so represssive that as a pscyhologist, I'd probably have to say they're overcompensating for the cuckold treatment they recieve at home by their dominatrix wives/girlfriends. It's healthy for them to get out from under the whip for a short period before their mistress comes back to make them lick her boots again.

this might be a topic for another thread....

NO, NO - - I AM KIDDING. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER THREAD ON THAT TOPIC. PLEASE NO!

Seems that after living a very low profile life under my previous few incarnations, I've suddenly run afoul of this sorry lot of mods. No, I'm not really a pyschologist, but I think some of them really MUST have miserable lives and like to take this moderating thing to the extreme. I've had friends (well, ex-friends now) that had the same reaction after becoming police officers...a sudden rush of importance, no one that can rightfully challenge them, so they go out looking to wield their batons as much as they can (and yes, there is a certain symbolism in that).

GARFGHGH, THERE AFTER US!@@!@!!! POWER HUNGRY..!!!!!!!!111!! FEASTING ON OUR SOULS. HELLLLLP US GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

<insert creepy picture x 2-6>

/UB

So, just to be absolutely clear to the posters that gave me negative reps (probably two mods), I'm not crying right now. Just a honest question to everyone else out there. Has anyone else received a "warning" but not benn given a specific reason, even after asking for one? "You're clever, you can figure it out"..., IMO, is not a valid response. What is this, a communist state? Tried and convicted without the actual charges ever being read/listed? I mean, if we don't want to run afoul of a specific rule again, shouldn't we at least be told where/why a post crossed the line, especially when there have been similar pics or comments that have been very close to what we did and that poster did not receive an infraction?

I haven't received a warning, so I can't help you there.

It would seem pretty obvious what the warning is about since I believe the post that got a warning is linked to.

So, just to be absolutely clear to the posters that gave me negative reps (probably two mods), I'm not crying right now. Just a honest question to everyone else out there. Has anyone else received a "warning" but not benn given a specific reason, even after asking for one? "You're clever, you can figure it out"..., IMO, is not a valid response. What is this, a communist state? Tried and convicted without the actual charges ever being read/listed? I mean, if we don't want to run afoul of a specific rule again, shouldn't we at least be told where/why a post crossed the line, especially when there have been similar pics or comments that have been very close to what we did and that poster did not receive an infraction?

Yeah, Glass, and the great thang is that when ya git an infraction you will be told that it's because ya done been warned (when ya aint), ya know?

Then a little after that, you will git a second infraction for "arguin with the mods," again, even when ya aint.

You should make a thread about it and start mocking the mods more publicly. I'm serious, it has paid dividends for me in the past.

I honestly can't believe how seriously people take a single warning or infraction. After receiving one simple infraction, certain posters go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on bitching about it. You do realize this is a simple message board, right? You come here VOLUNTARILY. You agree to FOLLOW THE RULES when you sign up for your account. Yet, when you can't do that, it's the fault of the gestapo mods? It never fails to amaze me how the vast majority of the posters here have no difficulty following the rules, yet for a few of those that can't, it's the fault of someone else. Grow up and gain some accountability, or GTFO.

Seems that after living a very low profile life under my previous few incarnations, I've suddenly run afoul of this sorry lot of mods. No, I'm not really a pyschologist, but I think some of them really MUST have miserable lives and like to take this moderating thing to the extreme. I've had friends (well, ex-friends now) that had the same reaction after becoming police officers...a sudden rush of importance, no one that can rightfully challenge them, so they go out looking to wield their batons as much as they can (and yes, there is a certain symbolism in that).

Considering over the course of 800+ posts you have exactly one infraction and one "warning" (which is a slap on the wrist) I think you're being a little dramatic. ".25% of my posts have been subject to moderation! Why do they hate me?!"

just to clarify a bit:

on the OLD board, there was one level of infraction included in the official "penalty count" and it was called a "Warning"
on the NEW board, there are two levels - - a "Warning" now is more or less a reminder of the rules, a "slap on the wrist" as kicky puts it and does not count towards suspensions or bans (even though the number is tracked in your profile), while an "Infraction" is what formerly had been known as a warning (and it does go into the count if you get too many within a six month period)

On the OLD board you could see how many "Warnings" (a/k/a Infractions) a poster had received in their profile when they made a post. The NEW board does NOT provide this information. You can't tell who's received warnings or infractions (only your own infraction/warning count appears, and you're the only one who sees it), so it might seem that it's less fair. It's not - - you just don't have the same information you once had.

catratcho said:
...You do realize this is a simple message board, right? You come here VOLUNTARILY. You agree to FOLLOW THE RULES when you sign up for your account...

just a reminder for some who may need it :)

Memomoneygotit

Or it could be Banned For No Reason.

I get those two entirely different posters mixed up.

Considering over the course of 800+ posts you have exactly one infraction and one "warning" (which is a slap on the wrist) I think you're being a little dramatic. ".25% of my posts have been subject to moderation! Why do they hate me?!"

No kidding. You're lucky you didn't have to deal with the brunt of it. I was the one who issued the infraction.

This warning and infraction business has me kind of worried. Is there any way I can get a warning if I'm going to get a warning? You can call that a 'Watch It' if you want. And frankly, a Watch It is a little too close to a warning for my liking so can the mods inform me if I'm going to get a Watch It with a Heads Up? Just to put it all on the table, I don't even really want to get a Heads Up. So is it possible I could get a 10 minute Time Out if you think I'm headed for a Heads Up? The rules here are too complicated, which you probably know, and it's a slippery slope to bannination. Thanks in advance.