What's new

Watson hit the nail on the head

Darkwing Duck

...with this statement. From the Trib.

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/51484624-62/team-didn-game-lost.html.csp

Watson on the state of team: I think our expectations from the beginning was to win the West. I never lost faith in that no matter what happened. Adversity reveals a lot of character in a team. And if you can't get through adversity, you can't really win the West. If you're fragile, you're not going to have a successful year. You're not going to do the things you set out to do.

Take a punch to the mouth, especially with Williams gone, and the team folds. Before, the Jazz lost focus but could regain it and make rousing comebacks. Now they're done if the opposing team is playing harder. They're not responding. They're fragile.

Pinpointing why is not something professionals are going to say to the media. We fans have to assume based on cryptic words they use. But I think that's something the Jazz MUST address in the off season. I know many, if not most, posters here think Kirilenko fits this category of mental fragility, and I'm not going to argue that one way or another, but if the front office thinks that, or anyone on the team, for that matter, that player needs to go/not be resigned.

On this team, the list of players to "hit back" is shorter than the players that "fold". That was probably true even when DWill was on the team.

IMO, this is why you can't trade Millsap. The dude hits back, HARD.

Earl Watson is smarter than he looks. That's one ugly dude.

This team is closer to being a contender than a lot of people think. If the Jazz can sign/trade for/draft a shooting guard with a good outside game and defense, we're in business. Another good shooter will be needed off the bench. As far as bigs go.. I think we're okay there, but we could definitely use an upgrade for the backup center.

Fragile? Or lacking talent, and coaching, and strategy, and defense, and length, and athleticism? Why is it a "character" issue? Didn't the Jazz make several huge comebacks this year?

I find it more telling the number of comments by other teams that they know all our plays. DHarris said he had them all down pat when he came over. And our new coach = Jerry Junior: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

And our new coach = Jerry Junior: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

david-caruso-0409-lg.jpg

Reactions: UB
On this team, the list of players to "hit back" is shorter than the players that "fold". That was probably true even when DWill was on the team.

Agreed. Unless you get a chance to draft Derrick Williams.

Really, I think Millsap has gone soft on defense. The guy he guards regularly torches him. Most of his fouls are of the very touchy variety. He gets rebounded over often.

To the team's defense, it is very tough for any team to lose a HOF coach AND a franchise player right around the same time. The Bulls went through that and had crumbled for the longest time until they got Derrick Rose. If we draft right and surround the core with solid shooters, we will bounce right back.

I love the posters on this board sometimes. You say that Kirilenko sucks and doesn't produce in the good times the team has, and in the bad times you blame him for the reason why the team sucks.

I love the posters on this board sometimes. You say that Kirilenko sucks and doesn't produce in the good times the team has, and in the bad times you blame him for the reason why the team sucks.

If there were any average times, we would blame him for that too.
We must stay consistent!

I find it more telling the number of comments by other teams that they know all our plays. DHarris said he had them all down pat when he came over. And our new coach = Jerry Junior: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

you are funny sometimes. Have fun bitching about Corbin now for the next several weeks, or years.

Im not sure who you're talking about but the fact of the matter is that AK is an enigma...even to himself.

There were those who heralded the return of AK once Williams was traded. Something about Williams hated AK and held him back. But as some of us knew, AK was just trolling the fans. He played well, showed some flashes, just like he did earlier in the year, coincidentally when Williams was still here, and then regressed to the AK we know and love.

AK does not suck. But he is not consistent. And that is the concern for many on this site.