What's new

We Got a C

I think that is being very fair of them. For me this trade is good or terrible based on what DL does with this free agency. He needs to deliver and deliver big.

from "Ball Don't Lie" and OKC got an A+ for what it's worth.

This suggests to me that people around the league DO see value in Kanter, which again begs the question why best DL was able to get for him was pennies on the dollar. It certainly appears on the surface that he got taken and dealt from a position of weakness.

This suggests to me that people around the league DO see value in Kanter, which again begs the question why best DL was able to get for him was pennies on the dollar. It certainly appears on the surface that he got taken and dealt from a position of weakness.

Because fans and basic writers see simple stats.

GM's watch games.

No, it's because those writers don't see farther than their nose. They don't see that if they are right and Kanter is viewed by the league as such a valuable asset, the Thunder will have to give him 12-16M in the summer. They don't watch him every night and don't see what kind of a liability he is in defense and how frustrating he is when he decides to never pass.

Fair grades I would say. I would be ecstatic if I were OKC. Dump perkins, add Kanter--sometimes timing is better than assets.

It may prove the best move for the Jazz in the long run. There was obvious logic, but it takes some thick homer goggles not to say OKC won the trade.