What's new

Wemby watch

I could be wrong but I’m unsure if SA has a 20 year Duncan like window with Wemby to win a ton of championships. He’s so large it’s freakish to me. Honestly, I can’t think of another big like him who didn’t suffer injuries. KD and Porzingas come to mind as the pattern. Sampson, Embiid, AD also.

Now, he could end up being bulletproof, like Gobert. But that would be the exception, not the rule. If I were SA I’d be looking at doing everything possible to fast track this rebuilding process and try and compete with Wemby asap. I just don’t think he’s going to stay healthy for very long.

I could be wrong but I’m unsure if SA has a 20 year Duncan like window with Wemby to win a ton of championships. He’s so large it’s freakish to me. Honestly, I can’t think of another big like him who didn’t suffer injuries. KD and Porzingas come to mind as the pattern. Sampson, Embiid, AD also.

Now, he could end up being bulletproof, like Gobert. But that would be the exception, not the rule. If I were SA I’d be looking at doing everything possible to fast track this rebuilding process and try and compete with Wemby asap. I just don’t think he’s going to stay healthy for very long.

I see Wemby as having a Kareem Abdul Jabbar type career, so I think he stays healthy.