What's new

We're So Toast

homeytennis

"Even if you lose a game, you can lose with some dignity," Corbin added. "I don't think this loss tonight did anybody any good."

Definitely needed its own thread. Thanks for this.

I think all Coach Corbin is saying is that he expects his team to compete at a higher level than they did last night. Why does that make us "toast"?

This is obviously the beginning of a new era for Jazz fans in which we take every single quote made by coaches/players/front office and find a way to twist and turn in into something completely different and decidedly negative.

Nothing a little scrubs from the D-League couldn't fix. They are the butter for the Jazz toast.

You get embarassed like that by a team that is 3 or 4 games above .500 and was missing Chauncy Billups. That is the seccond coming of the Lakers or Spurs.

Jazz are broke, no D-leaugers this year.

The radio broadcast said that the Jazz quit last night. I think that is what Corbin was talking about. But if you got a bunch of guys who have seen Jerry leave, Boozer leave, and the team let Mathews leave, then trade away D-Will, Brewer, Maynor and not get better--wouldn't your spirit be a little bit broken? You also have a bunch of guys on the last year of a contract and probably won't be back. Jerry might have willed out a few more wins than Corbin, but not enough to make the playoffs.