What's new

What are the chances of the Jazz pulling a 2006-2007 Golden State playoff run?

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date

Odds of jazz making the playoffs, upsetting the spurs in the first round

• 2:1

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 5:1

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 10:1

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Same as the odds of League MVP being awarded to Carlos Arroyo.

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 848

And by that, I mean qualifiying barely for the 8th seed, only to upset a completely juggernaut of a team aka the 67-15 Dallas mavs??

The Spurs completely flattened the Heat tonight. Granted the Heat are floundering, but a 30 point shellacking is impressive. I'm hoping for the 12th pick and extra lottery chance.

We will beat the spurs if we get the 8th spot

If Pop leaves and Avery Johnson somehow becomes the coach of San Antonio and decides after 70 wins he needs to re-tool all his rotations to match up against the 8th seed in the first round - then yes, I'd say we have a shot.

Can't happen. Jazz traded away their Baron Davis and the Warriors team had a bunch of guys that could shoot the 3-ball, while the Jazz have Roger Bell.

Umm, zero.

There's still a chance of making the playoffs, but the GS upset over Dallas wasn't a complete surprise. Golden State was the one team that "owned" them in the regular season. The Jazz do NOT match up against SA. GS had guys firing away from the 3. The Jazz can't hit shots outside of 15-ft.

The Jazz are predictable. GSW were not and they were a matchup problem for Dallas, while the Jazz, with their current personel, will not possess a threat to Mavs or Spurs. The Jazz had been a work in progress before the departures of Sloan&Johnson and Dwill, and they are searching for their identity, now. Gotta be pleased with the effort in last couple of games but winning is very important, and generally cures everything, unless you do not get complacent with Ws and stop making strides that you still have to, like the old Jazz squad which started the season with 15-5 record.

It's not like any spot but the 8th seed is wide open. The top4 teams are set, Spurs-Mavs-Lakers-Thunder, there is still a chance for the Jazz to get the 5th or 6th seed, IMO and I would not call the Jazz eliminating Thunder as "upset". Memphis is unpredictable, Hornets are not good at all, certainly a first round exit, Nuggets are legit, Suns have been lucky. I still believe that the Jazz can get 5th or 6th seed.

Unfortunately, that would mean nothing, despite the fact that we would applaud and appreciate this new team's desire and passion to win and their success. Still, the Jazz would have to play either Spurs or Lakers in 2nd round, given that the Jazz would not face Mavs in 1st. I hate to say it but I am a proponent of the Jazz tanking the rest of the season to get a higher pick in draft, which the organization have never chosen to do.

Stupid poll.

Should include 13th and 14th lottery pick. Maybe 12th.

Might as well break out the Jimmer shirts right now.

The biggest thing we have going for us is our starting front court vs. Theirs. Millsap vs blair, and aljeff vs duncan have matched up well this season. Kirilenko > their 3 as well. Biggest problems will be parker vs harris (which should be well matched, just that our interior defense < the spurs) and ESPECIALLY manu vs raja. Don't get me started on the bench.