What's new

What did Rudy Gay Do? (Speculation Thread)

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
So like one of the bigger things from the famed Jazz Beat Writer Twitter spaces was that Rudy Gay 'mother****ed" the team.

What did yall think Rudy Gay did?

There were videos of him and Quin getting heated on the sideline during the season, I'm guessing that he wanted a bigger role, was toxic about it, and that led to issues for everyone. We also lost three really good locker room/culture guys in Joe, Niang, and Favors and replaced them with 3 headaches in Gay, House, and Whiteside.

No idea. But What i know is that Him and Mike getting along quite well which is probablty part of the poor performance Mike did in second part of the season.

He reminded Quin of the player Quin recruited to Missouri that the University later dismissed after the player was choking coeds on campus and this was after Quin was warned not to touch the player with a ten foot pole. Quin of course denied that he was warned but the player's junior college president kept a recording. I guess Quin was a little touchy about the incident.

Yeah, but if it's just one ******* who cares? There has to be people on the team who sided with Gay if it was something that really affected the locker-room.

Didn't he openly told the media they play different defense without Rudy? That was against the Mavs when Rudy sat out. We lost the game but the first half was an eye opener. We played good switching D and we were leading. Then successive DNP for him. If he can tell the media this imagine what he told he locker room

Didn't he openly told the media they play different defense without Rudy? That was against the Mavs when Rudy sat out. We lost the game but the first half was an eye opener. We played good switching D and we were leading. Then successive DNP for him. If he can tell the media this imagine what he told he locker room
He also said something strange about Gobert and what he makes per year, so whatever it was, it was clearly Anti-Gobert. It felt like Donovan ignored Rudy on passes more this year, maybe from the influence of Gay.

If you go back and look at his stats they weren't totally horrible. His defensive rating was good. In the beatdown in game 5 Quin not letting him off the bench was petty by Quin. It was intended to humiliate Rudy.

If you go back and look at his stats they weren't totally horrible. His defensive rating was good. In the beatdown in game 5 Quin not letting him off the bench was petty by Quin. It was intended to humiliate Rudy.
Was he even on the bench?

The Mavs had a 130.4 offensive rating that game.

Yeah my bad, he was just talking about the first half.

The Mavs had an offensive rating of 132.7 in the first half.

He must be mistaken the run he is talking about was in the middle of the 3rd and a little into the 4th.

He must be mistaken the run he is talking about was in the middle of the 3rd and a little into the 4th.
I am pretty sure he is referring to the 1st quarter. Our defense in the 3rd was garbo.

In the first quarter the Mavs struggled to score. Then in the 2nd they figured it out and absolutely torched us in that quarter (along with the rest of the game til garbage time).

I am pretty sure he is referring to the 1st quarter. Our defense in the 3rd was garbo.

In the first quarter the Mavs struggled to score. Then in the 2nd they figured it out and absolutely torched us in that quarter (along with the rest of the game til garbage time).

I apologize I am talking about a completely different game. I thought he was referring to the playoff game where Paschall came in for Rudy in the 3rd and we went on a big run.

View: https://twitter.com/NBASarah/status/1508273934394961929?t=ir-5dIpMhe_W5FfvLAL8-w&s=19

All I could find was this and this can be stretched anywhere. I could read it as players relaxing when Gobert is on which seems more likely tbh but I need more.

This and House debacle just makes it look Jazz locker room were even softer.

I remember Ingles and Gay downplaying the heated exchange with Quin and saying more happens off-camera because it's just basketball.