• Bring him off the bench, re-sign him in the offseason

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Bring him off the bench, let him go in the offseason

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

David Stern

Unfortunately we haven't seen PG Mitchell against very many good teams, but he's coming off the best 5 game stretch of his career. I'd like to see this experiment continue, so I'd try starting Dante off-ball and bringing Ricky off the bench so that Donovan gets more PG experience. Ricky has been very up and down in his career. I'd love to keep him on the team in a long-term backup/6th man role. Where do you think Rubio fits long-term with this team?

What I do with Rubio long term - trade him for an asset now since I'm inclined not to re-sign him in the offseason.

What will the Jazz do - Start him when he gets back, if they make a trade at the deadline they re-sign Rubio, if they try to make their move in FA they let him walk unless they can't get their FA targets.

I firmly believe that as long as Ricky's here he's going to continue to start, I don't think Quin will ever bench him. If we want Dante or Donovan to be the starting point guard eventually then we're either going to have to trade Ricky or not re-sign him.

Cheltenham-vets-780117.jpg

I had something like this in mind...

I don’t know... I do feel strongly that we should only keep one of him or Exum... we don’t have to decide now but if one can be moved for help at another position I’d prolly do it.

I don’t know... I do feel strongly that we should only keep one of him or Exum... we don’t have to decide now but if one can be moved for help at another position I’d prolly do it.
Exum for Niko.

May depend on outback FA options at PG. No way we roll with just Exum and Neto at PG unless Dante explodes.

Donovan has been playing lights out after starting at pg and the jazz have won 5 straight. Right now, he's the Damian Lillard for the Jazz and is tearing it up. I'm going to feel a little bit uneasy when Rubio returns. I like Rubio but he's too unpredictable at most times and becomes Bricky Ricky too many times. It pains me to say this, but I'd trade him now for a player will helps in the playoffs. But then again, DL will never do that as of right now.

I haven't read anything other than the title of the thread, but I have a response: WHATEVER THE JAZZ DO, I HOPE WE START TEN DOZEN THREADS ON THIS SAME SUBJECT.

TIA JFC

It's hard to say because of the limited time available to
I haven't read anything other than the title of the thread, but I have a response: WHATEVER THE JAZZ DO, I HOPE WE START TEN DOZEN THREADS ON THIS SAME SUBJECT.

TIA JFC
that is exactly what is going to happen. Wish Granted!!! Congratulations. You don't have to respond to all ten dozen threads, and I'm no psychic, but you will respond to all. You know it and so do I.

I say that we resign him to a reasonable contract if possible. (short term, similar money to current) And we see how Exum's development goes in the offseason. You can always change roles based on performance. But putting us in a flexible situation for the future is the key. If you can't make this happen, you trade him before the deadline and try to get back some value in any form, although that is an uphill battle, given the time that's left before deadline.

Love everything Rubio stands for but I'm just not sure he is the answer going forward. If he could consistently put up 13-15 ppg we'd be fine but hes just been too up and down this year. I'll wait and see how he finishes the year before making my own couch GM decision.

May depend on outback FA options at PG. No way we roll with just Exum and Neto at PG unless Dante explodes.
We wouldn't just roll with Exum and neto at point guard.
We have Mitchell and Allen too

Also,..... Position-less basketball is an idea that might work

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Rubio was on the team when we went on that tear last year in the 2nd half and until he got hurt he helped us win the 1st round playoff series if I'm not mistaken! I say we keep him! He's a true point guard that knows how to get the basketball to the big guys underneath, and when he's hitting his outside shots we are downright lethal! Whether he starts or comes off the bench, he's an asset we can't afford to let go and get nothing in return. And with Korver now on the team, Rubio could even be more valuable when starts playing again!

We wouldn't just roll with Exum and neto at point guard.
We have Mitchell and Allen too

Also,..... Position-less basketball is an idea that might work

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I hate Ricky's shooting, but none of the players you mention are any better from 3 than Ricky and are worse at running the offense (I think the jury is still out on DM). Why do we want to dump Ricky again?