What's new

What is an "Infraction" on this BOARD?

Please move to General Discussion forum.

Just kidding, I have no idea what that means. What did you post?

Hey, how did colton get up to 4 reps? I think the moderators must be doing a #$$%^ &*$() behind the scenes and padding each other's numbers.
These mods would make fantastic Bell city officials.

**That's a joke, BTW!

Sorry I couldn't reply to my posts guys, busy bending over. jk

I'm trying to figure this board out, I see some raunchy stuff let go and mild stuff get zapped, but I also know mods hate statements like that ... so, my bad mods, forgive me.

I'm trying to figure this board out, I see some raunchy stuff let go and mild stuff get zapped, but I also know mods hate statements like that ... so, my bad mods, forgive me.

You know too much. Don't bother retirement planning.

We rely heavily on the board users. We don't see everything that happens in every thread. Sometimes stuff that might otherwise warrant action gets through simply because nobody deems it reportable, and the mods never see it.

I know there are a few who find us overly zealous, but we try to be as fair and consistent as possible.

We rely heavily on the board users. We don't see everything that happens in every thread. Sometimes stuff that might otherwise warrant action gets through simply because nobody deems it reportable, and the mods never see it.

I know there are a few who find us overly zealous, but we try to be as fair and consistent as possible.

Agreed. I would add that every reasonable report is reviewed and voted on, not just ones we pick and choose. This appears to be the some posters' perception of the mods, unfortunately. Just because you may disagree with our course of action (or lack of), doesn't mean the report wasn't discussed and voted on.

Just bend over and take it. Once you learn you can't question the PTB's on this board, you'll be a much happier person.

Are you still whining? You know, that KKSQUARED guy was pretty cool, but this GlassEater person is a real douche.

Not to play the role of Hopper here but it is frustrating when an infraction is received, the user emails a mod regarding the penalty, and the mod never responds back.

lol mods

Having multiple mods for 365 active members is one of the reasons this board is a dying shell, while the almost unmoderated board I regularly post at, is the complete opposite.

Board owners are technically entitled to whatever ridiculous or not standards they want for their own little internet kingdom. But the ones who are super uptight, are stupid for not realizing that community shame is far more effective a deterrent than mods handing out and keeping track of 'infractions'. Especially when there's a language filter; lol at prosecuting opinion.

community shame is far more effective a deterrent than mods handing out and keeping track of 'infractions'.
Agreed.
images

Not to play the role of Hopper here but it is frustrating when an infraction is received, the user emails a mod regarding the penalty, and the mod never responds back.

I can't speak for the rest of the mods, but personally I don't check my e-mail that often. Those e-mails that you receive when an infraction or warning is issued are automated. A PM I would think is a much more effective way of reaching mods. I've never not responded in those cases.

I can't speak for the rest of the mods, but personally I don't check my e-mail that often. Those e-mails that you receive when an infraction or warning is issued are automated. A PM I would think is a much more effective way of reaching mods. I've never not responded in those cases.
I'll go with cali on this one. The only time I didn't respond was with Hopper, and that was because I had him on my ignore list, and didn't see his PM. Since then, I have taken him off. I would MUCH PREFER to have someone PM me than come on here and whine and complain about it. I can't say for sure, but I think most mods would feel the same on all accounts.

send a PM. I think I've responded to every PM I've received - - if not, it's because it didn't seem any response was requested or expected.

Am I a troublemaker? Am I on some kind of probation? I really don't know.

at any rate, in answer to your questions - - no, and no
(at least not yet, though I suppose you could be if you tried - - why do you ask?)

As Colton pointed out, review the FAQ and that should help answer your questions, at least from an "official" standpoint