What's new

What is "Rep" Worth?

I am preparing my calendar for 2015 and would like to accurately allocate my time/resources in regards to accumulating my net rep worth. But I don't know what the benefits of "rep" are, nor it's worth. Is rep something I can 'cash-in' in some sense? And should I bother to diversify my portfolio with a few 'Likes' or are those for suckers? I hope you get a sense of my quandary and are able to expound further.

Please advise.

Yes, once you've been a jazzfanz member for at least 6 years ("vested" is the technical term), if/when you want to retire you can cash in your rep at a rate of $0.10 per rep point. And yes, likes are for suckers.

Yes, once you've been a jazzfanz member for at least 6 years ("vested" is the technical term), if/when you want to retire you can cash in your rep at a rate of $0.10 per rep point. And yes, likes are for suckers.
This.

And great post.

So this guy is obviously a newly created troll alt, and yet his posts to rep ratio is 1/10. I've noticed this quite a few times now. Someone creates an alt and gets them a ****load of rep right away. How do they do that? They get their friends (who are legit posters) to rep them over and over? Do they have a whole bunch of alts circle-repping one another? How does it work?

So this guy is obviously a newly created troll alt, and yet his posts to rep ratio is 1/10. I've noticed this quite a few times now. Someone creates an alt and gets them a ****load of rep right away. How do they do that? They get their friends (who are legit posters) to rep them over and over? Do they have a whole bunch of alts circle-repping one another? How does it work?

Some mysteries.. it's kind of like creationism. It just is.

These 6 things I realized get me the most pos reps.

1) Post lots of gifs, funnier the better
2) Talk good things about Enes Kanter. Never underestimate the rep power of Turkish people on these forums
3) Spread lots of positive rep. The more you spread the more people are likely to spread to you (probably most important rule)
4) Say good things about mormonism, mormons are charitable people
5) Never insult people, one way road to getting neg reps
6) Be clever in general. The rare time I stumble upon something clever it gets multi rep/liked.

Last edited:
These 6 things I realized get me the most pos reps.

1) Post lots of gifs, funnier the better
2) Talk good things about Enes Kanter. Never underestimate the rep power of Turkish people on these forums
3) Spread lots of positive rep. The more you spread the more people are likely to spread to you (probably most important rule)
4) Say good things about mormonism, mormans are charitable people
5) Never insult people, one way road to getting neg reps
6) Be clever in general. The rare time I stumble upon something clever it gets multi rep/liked.
I thought about negging you for "mormans", but as a Mormonism practicing Mormon, I'll be charitable and let it slip this time.

Obsessed about reps? I'm starting to think of this December 2014 entered poster as someone else. As for adding to Blue Elephant's anecdotes, joining a love circle would do.

I retire. When will I receive my money?

If I loan out my reps to those in need, and they are unable to repay me in a timely fashion, will the jazzfanz mgmt step-in and "bail" me out? Last I checked, I was in 'merica.