What's new

What scares me for Thursday is

dwill#1

KOC will take a player like Gordon Hayward or Cole Aldrich and pass on guys that I think will have successful long careers- udoh, Patterson, Henry, George and had a chance to move up with all the pieces we have to get a Favors, Cousins, Aminu, Johnson or even trade down and get a couple young promising prospects in Whiteside, Sanders

Besides the move up of DWill and 2nd rounders of CJ and Milly, his draft history is garbage.

2003- took Sasha and passed on Barbosa, Perkins, Travis Outlaw, Josh Howard
2004- Worst draft ever Took Snyder and Humphries. Passed on Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, JR Smith , Jameer Nelson, Kevin Martin, Tony Allen, Trevor Ariza
2005- Great draft with D will and CJ
2006- Good, not great took Brewer but trade him away 3 years later, not a lot of talent in that draft
2007- Took Morris Almond, passed on Aaron Afflalo, Aaron Brooks, Big Baby Davis, Marc Gasol, carl Landry
2008- Took Doufus, passed on Ibaka, Batum, George Hill, DeAndre Jordan, Mario chalmers, Chris Douglas Roberts
2009- Took Eric Maynor and traded him the same year. Passed on Omri Cassipi, Darren Collison, Taj Gibson, Beaubois, Chase Buddinger, Marcus Thorton. Worst off this draft was getting Goran sutton, ended up cutting him in TC

Worst off this draft was getting Goran sutton, ended up cutting him in TC

And by cutting him picking up Wesley Matthews in his place. Really don't have a problem there. Just pretend we drafted Matthews instead because thats what it end up being. Other than the 2004 draft were I completely agree KOC blew it the others just prove how much a crap shoot the draft is. All of the guys you mentioned were peged to have attitude issues (or pot issues with Howard and Jordan). Or second rounders that turned themselves into players the same way Millsap did. If you look at all the other teams drafts alot of them look just as stupid as us.

But I well say that if we draft Hayward with this pick I well be the first to start a fire KOC thread, I promise.

They were pegged to have attitude issues- Another great reason to trade up and get Cousins. He may be pegged to have attitude issues but will be a great player.

I mentioned it above as a great move by him, forgot to put it on their. But watch, were gonna end up trading Milly too

We'll see how aggressive the Jazz are Thursday. The last time it mattered in the draft, KOC stepped it up big time.

The draft is nerve racking for true fans. I assume you realize that every team with every GM can make the same kind of list - in many cases a much worse list - than the one you made for KOC. All in all the Jazz draft in the upper third or fourth in the league.

KOC has been good at drafting overall.
Most GM's have a lot more fails in thier resume than KOC.
2004 was brutal, but he's picked out Millsap, Mo, and Wes from out of nowhere too.

Having a lottery pick is a lot like Christmas morning. You're hoping for the GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip and hoping you don't get socks and underwear instead.

Yes! Actually as a child I was spoiled a lot on Christmas. But I am feeling a lot of anticipation about Thursday. I am really hoping we get another piece closer to a return to the finals.

There are many players who have attitude issues in the NBA that are succesful in the NBA. My feeling is that as long as those issues arent a matter of legality (drug issues, gang issues,etc.) then its not really that big of deal. Different people mature at different times and sometimes just need a good kick in the *** to straighten them out.

no one knows what will happen, so that's a good(entertaining) but scary thing at the same time

i haven't been this excited for a draft since 05

Were not going to be a Finals team until we get a more aggressive GM

1) Most "aggressive" moves made via trades fail
2) In the Jazz organization, like many NBA teams, the decision making is much broader than the GM
3) I don't think there is any team that is not aggressive at exploring every option they can think off. There are some that pull the trigger more but those teams also have much simpler offensive and defensive schemes.

1) Most "aggressive" moves made via trades fail
2) In the Jazz organization, like many NBA teams, the decision making is much broader than the GM
3) I don't think there is any team that is not aggressive at exploring every option they can think off. There are some that pull the trigger more but those teams also have much simpler offensive and defensive schemes.

To help support your points:
1- See Dallas/Cleveland.
2- Deron Williams and Jerry Sloan.