What's new

Where Does Hood End Up?

Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PHI gets Joe Johnson+Rodney Hood
UTA gets PHI 2018 first+Jarryd Bayless
?

No philly? I also think Indiana would have interest. I went the field.
Because I havent heard any rumor, real or theorized by a national reporter. Also havent heard of any Philly players on trade block. Also think Philly wants UFA on the market, not RFA. They are a big market team, less value to RFA like Hood to them.

Chicago - Because Jazz are linked to Mirotic
Charlotte - Because Kemba is on trade block
Pistons - Because rumors have been they want more talent to win now
Kings - Because Joerger likes Hood (though that's probably the weakest link I made)
Cavs - Because a lot of reports have been they like Favors. Could get Hood too in some 3-team trade
Magic - Because people here like Fournier and they are trying to make trades

I mean, I gave a "field" option to cover everyone else.

And then Hood walks and Jazz have nothing. That seems to be DL’s MO.
I think it was KOC’s MO which carried over into DL’s first off-season. In any case, I can see him not pulling the trigger because of not liking a return, and certainly possible we let him walk if we don’t like an offer sheet he gets.

I was thinking today that teams like the Spurs, Heat or Pelicans could use more depth at the wing. They could be on the mix (haven't looked at what they can offer though). From the teams you mentioned Pistons and Cavs look like good candidates.

Hood would be a good fit on a playoff team with limited cap space and that is looking to get younger/add talent on the wings

I was thinking today that teams like the Spurs, Heat or Pelicans could use more depth at the wing. They could be on the mix (haven't looked at what they can offer though). From the teams you mentioned Pistons and Cavs look like good candidates.

Hood would be a good fit on a playoff team with limited cap space and that is looking to get younger/add talent on the wings

I could see Hood going to a contender team for their late 1st. Hoods salary is pretty easy to match for any team.

I was excited for a future starting backcourt of Mitchell at the 1 and Hill at the 2. I think that is a strong future backcourt with Gobert at Center. Utah needs forwards for the future.

Threat of Rodney walking and the Jazz getting nothing is low, IMO. We always have the chance to match an RFA offer, or worst case if he signs the QO we can move him next season. I wouldn't equate this to the Millsap, Hill or Hayward scenarios.