What's new

While Trump Tweeted.....

babe

and all America divided over basically personal animosities...…

China and Russia joined hands, militarily..... and our "news" didn't even know it.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2...oint-military-exercises-should-worry-the-west

OK, folks, I've changed my mind entirely. I used to think economic pragmatism could "Trump" any other concern. I cheered China's "Silk Road Initiative", which aimed to create "new" trade alliances and conveniences along Marco Polo's trail.... I cheered the investment in infrastructure that could make human endeavors more profitable, more efficient, in grand scales..... I used to think Putin was a sort of Hillary with renaissance values and religious beliefs.... someone who would go along somehow, and get along no matter what...… I used to think China's Xi was a sort of smiling Confucian scholar benevolently building a prospering middle class sort of Chinese coolie citizenry.....

But then I heard the news..... North Korea's little rocket man wrote another letter to Trump. I think he wanted Trump's blessing on reunification of the N and S Koreas into one happy little superior race. I think that worried Putin and Xi. I think that worried the folks in London, in the British Foreign Office. Nothing unsettles world order, whether new or old, more than unanticipated change. So it's back to the trenches and Cold War Forever.

OK, just a few facts. Koreans are rabidly racist. No other kind of human matters. Well, yes..... so are the Japanese..... and so are the Chinese. Even Russia has deep sentiments of specialness of the kind and scale we must deplore in our Balkanized Utopia. Societal self images that are compelling, and capable of uniting a nation.... China's Xi talks expansively about how the countries around China are "really ethnic Chinese". It's a sort of universal human notion... even Hitler had it, thinking Aryans were the special humans..... China has a brisk mail-order bride market, importing women from Viet Nam, the Philippines, Korea... to marry the 100 million "extra" Chinese males resulting from selective abortions of females....

Xi has been talking about enlarging China's "sphere of influence".

Our globalist elites have had a plan.... a very dear and cherished plan.... to bring equivalency to the world through making various nations roughly equal in strength.

And that is basically why Trump with his "Making America Great Again" sort of thinking, really rattles our Bigs.

Which is why, if I could, I pour cold water on the heated Trump haters. Trump just doesn't fit in with the game plan, really. But I think he is good for us, if we could just stick together and let him do his thing.

As a matter of national security, and our real interests openly pursued on the global stage, it's better if we just play like we really are Americans.

I think we are on the verge of real war.

Huh, googled “Russia China military” and the front page of results included CNN, New York Times, NBC, ABC and Yahoo.

Well, guess they did know.

and all America divided over basically personal animosities...…

China and Russia joined hands, militarily..... and our "news" didn't even know it.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2...oint-military-exercises-should-worry-the-west

OK, folks, I've changed my mind entirely. I used to think economic pragmatism could "Trump" any other concern. I cheered China's "Silk Road Initiative", which aimed to create "new" trade alliances and conveniences along Marco Polo's trail.... I cheered the investment in infrastructure that could make human endeavors more profitable, more efficient, in grand scales..... I used to think Putin was a sort of Hillary with renaissance values and religious beliefs.... someone who would go along somehow, and get along no matter what...… I used to think China's Xi was a sort of smiling Confucian scholar benevolently building a prospering middle class sort of Chinese coolie citizenry.....

But then I heard the news..... North Korea's little rocket man wrote another letter to Trump. I think he wanted Trump's blessing on reunification of the N and S Koreas into one happy little superior race. I think that worried Putin and Xi. I think that worried the folks in London, in the British Foreign Office. Nothing unsettles world order, whether new or old, more than unanticipated change. So it's back to the trenches and Cold War Forever.

OK, just a few facts. Koreans are rabidly racist. No other kind of human matters. Well, yes..... so are the Japanese..... and so are the Chinese. Even Russia has deep sentiments of specialness of the kind and scale we must deplore in our Balkanized Utopia. Societal self images that are compelling, and capable of uniting a nation.... China's Xi talks expansively about how the countries around China are "really ethnic Chinese". It's a sort of universal human notion... even Hitler had it, thinking Aryans were the special humans..... China has a brisk mail-order bride market, importing women from Viet Nam, the Philippines, Korea... to marry the 100 million "extra" Chinese males resulting from selective abortions of females....

Xi has been talking about enlarging China's "sphere of influence".

Our globalist elites have had a plan.... a very dear and cherished plan.... to bring equivalency to the world through making various nations roughly equal in strength.

And that is basically why Trump with his "Making America Great Again" sort of thinking, really rattles our Bigs.

Which is why, if I could, I pour cold water on the heated Trump haters. Trump just doesn't fit in with the game plan, really. But I think he is good for us, if we could just stick together and let him do his thing.

As a matter of national security, and our real interests openly pursued on the global stage, it's better if we just play like we really are Americans.

So, after ww2 the U.S. worked to create the structure of alliances and trade relations that made us wealthy and powerful. How does the change agent, the disruptor, the everyone for himself guy think how over turning that world order help US? I see how that helps China. How it helps Russia. But us? Nope. In Trump's vision of the future we are a regional actor at best. The military might see have spent a fortune on, becomes worthless if it is not to maintain a stable world order. If we sacrifice alliances with Canada, Australia, and Europe, for a better trade deficit ratio, we lose, lose, lose. Our power, security, and prosperity are tied to our alliances. Those who talk about dismantling globalism, are talking about taking the U.S. down a notch.
It's stupid and short sighted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

So, after ww2 the U.S. worked to create the structure of alliances and trade relations that made us wealthy and powerful. How does the change agent, the disruptor, the everyone for himself guy think how over turning that world order help US? I see how that helps China. How it helps Russia. But us? Nope. In Trump's vision of the future we are a regional actor at best. The military might see have spent a fortune on, becomes worthless if it is not to maintain a stable world order. If we sacrifice alliances with Canada, Australia, and Europe, for a better trade deficit ratio, we lose, lose, lose. Our power, security, and prosperity are tied to our alliances. Those who talk about dismantling globalism, are talking about taking the U.S. down a notch.
It's stupid and short sighted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

There are a very large number of wealthy, influential, and very smart folks who see it exactly the way you do.

It goes back, way back...… past WWII..... past WWI..... even to the Civil War. The era of the 1840s to 1860s is where America became subject to world political entanglements.

The fundamental issue is not who our friends are, but who we are. We give up too much to have those friends on their terms. It would have been a whole different story if when we went out looking for people to do business with we had been the one setting the example and being more influential about changing the world towards American Principles, such as set forth in the Declaration of Independence and the attempt to actually limit government power, influence, and corruption that comes naturally from every concentration of power.

I'd differ with your assessment just to say that losing our freedom is what was really stupid and short-sighted.

Slavery was an evil thing..... I'd say it was our undoing, really. Because foreign agents interested in regaining territory on the American continent, and capturing our markets and economic assets, saw the opportunity to split us up and then dominate us by playing the South vs. the North indefinitely. These interests were European bankers, including interests from the City of London. They found helpful partners here, in both the North and the South, and literally financed the Abolition and Secession movements. They picked Abraham Lincoln expressly for his very divisive commitment to abolish slavery, knowing the South would then secede. Their New York banker friends came calling to get Abe to run, they put out everything needed for him to win. And then, they expected, Abe would just let the South go their own way.

But Abe, if manipulated, was perfectly sincere about ending slavery. Letting the South go wouldn't end it. He was also perfectly sincere about loving this nation for it's founding principles. And he knew we would not stand if we split up. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". So he fought, with enemies in the North and South determined to topple him, to end slavery and keep us one principled nation. And because he was that determined, we became the strong man in our neighborhood at least.

I'd argue that a lot of folks just knew he was stupid and short-sighted..... but I think he had the wisdom of Solomon.

I think our best chance to make this world a better place is to make our nation true to its founding principles.

Last edited:
Huh, googled “Russia China military” and the front page of results included CNN, New York Times, NBC, ABC and Yahoo.

Well, guess they did know.

good on yah. I didn't, so I didn't know they did. I heard it on a conservative radio news retailer.

Babe, Trump is so noxious and what he is doing is so destructive to not only our nation's political situation but to our health and the economic status of the average person. How can you support such an ugly person who is racist and misogynistic just because he is patriotic -- actually his patriotism extends merely to the rich and elite.

Babe, Trump is so noxious and what he is doing is so destructive to not only our nation's political situation but to our health and the economic status of the average person. How can you support such an ugly person who is racist and misogynistic just because he is patriotic -- actually his patriotism extends merely to the rich and elite.

Ok, honest question. How is he hitting your economic status?

Guys a tool, says stupid crap constantly, has tons of dumb ideas (like his press attacks) and generally is insane. But how is he hurting the general economic status of people?

Guys a tool, says stupid crap constantly, has tons of dumb ideas (like his press attacks) and generally is insane. But how is he hurting the general economic status of people?

It's been made apparent I'm just a "lop sided liberal hippie", so rather than agree or disagree, Maybe just ask google, as well as eenie-meenie?

http://bfy.tw/JrrG

Why does only your own economic status have to be of concern? The past decade has been great for myself and anyone able and disciplined enough to make use of compounded earnings. Those that live paycheck to paycheck don’t have that luxury. That’s the crux of why inequality will continue to worsen with status quo economic policy.

Here’s a few quotes from Forbes along with a link to the article:

"2018 will be another banner year for GDP growth. But, inequality will be like that annoying uncle from last week's holidays: there to remind you that the lights aren't twinkling, and it's all your fault."

"Much of that inequality won't be the government's fault regardless of who is in power. Unless you're of the mind that the government should be in the business of redistributing income, then one of the main reasons for the wealth gap is simple compounded interest. Higher welfare payouts don't make people richer; interest and capital gains do a better job."

"Net worth for upper-income households is being pushed higher thanks to investment portfolios and real estate assets. Investors with more money at work do better than those with less money, and much better than basic savers with money market accounts, and unsavvy spendthrifts.”

And obviously, those unable to save anything do the worst of all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrap...ll-he-take-blame-for-inequality/#483fd81a20b3

Why does only your own economic status have to be of concern? The past decade has been great for myself and anyone able and disciplined enough to make use of compounded earnings. Those that live paycheck to paycheck don’t have that luxury. That’s the crux of why inequality will continue to worsen with status quo economic policy.

Here’s a few quotes from Forbes along with a link to the article:

"2018 will be another banner year for GDP growth. But, inequality will be like that annoying uncle from last week's holidays: there to remind you that the lights aren't twinkling, and it's all your fault."

"Much of that inequality won't be the government's fault regardless of who is in power. Unless you're of the mind that the government should be in the business of redistributing income, then one of the main reasons for the wealth gap is simple compounded interest. Higher welfare payouts don't make people richer; interest and capital gains do a better job."

"Net worth for upper-income households is being pushed higher thanks to investment portfolios and real estate assets. Investors with more money at work do better than those with less money, and much better than basic savers with money market accounts, and unsavvy spendthrifts.”

And obviously, those unable to save anything do the worst of all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrap...ll-he-take-blame-for-inequality/#483fd81a20b3

Of course it’s not going to help those who live paycheck to paycheck. But there are people who are “wealthy” that live paycheck to paycheck.

I know a pretty decent amount of people who live paycheck to paycheck. And obviously this is anecdotal, but by far the majority of them live paycheck to paycheck based on their own choices. You don’t have to have that cellphone, or car, or go eat out that often. I know people that make half what I do, but have nicer vehicles, go out to eat more, go on vacation more...but it’s the fault of inequality that they’re living month to month? In college I had a roommate who constantly complained about not having enough money. Couldn’t pay rent on time most of the time. Wouldn’t work certain jobs even when he couldn’t find a job. Was broke, but the minute he got a pay check he spent it on stuff he didn’t need. Couldn’t pay rent but could buy a thousand dollar ski pass for the season. I stopped feeling bad for him after that. Most people have no idea how to manage money.

Obviously we have cases where there are real problems, but that article talks about how it could mean a family might not be able to get a certain cell phone plan. Boo freaking hoo. I don’t feel the least bit bad about that. I mean...they can still have a cell phone! You can still get cheap flip phones! We don’t all have to own the same iPhone X or whatever is the newest, best phone these days.

There are some people who are unable to save because they simply can’t. There are others who are unable to save because they can’t manage money.

I wish we had more data to figure out the numbers on that. In my experience, I’ve met more people in the latter group than the former.

There are some people who are unable to save because they simply can’t. There are others who are unable to save because they can’t manage money.

I wish we had more data to figure out the numbers on that. In my experience, I’ve met more people in the latter group than the former.

I would gladly, and openheartedly look into those numbers. I'm certain there are people who are unable to save themselves. Just as certain there's a lot of people who can't save themselves from themself. Not yet convinced one side dramatically outweighs the other.

Solid point with the cell phones, but only the expensive smartphone plans. As time changes, the cell phone is becoming the phone. It's coming more and more necessary to have a cell phone(professionally and socially), and 50.8% of American households are cell phone only. We've crossed that line where cell phones = phones.

Well, for one, he is severely reducing the taxes of the rich and corporations, which is cutting into funding for infrastructure that is severely needed. He is taking away healthcare for millions of low income people. He is not supportive of fair wages, and as a result while the cost of living rises, people are not getting pay raises. I'm no expert on economics but many believe these tariffs are also going to be an impediment generally to our economy.

It's been made apparent I'm just a "lop sided liberal hippie", so rather than agree or disagree, Maybe just ask google, as well as eenie-meenie?

So what kind of society is this? Google is the God of Knowledge of Good and Evil? A thousand and one genies in little opinion bottles fill up the universe with opinions we should not question?

Good on yah. You are the very archetype of liberal intellect, and you have a little nest of writhing vipers wrapped up in a wonderful little hibernation ball in the JFC cave, keeping one another warm with mutual self-approval.

dunno if yer a "lop-sided liberal hippie" or just the product of your public schools and your social network, but I'm just here to poke sticks at folks who might, afterall, do some thinking for themselves.

Last edited:
imo, like dust sticking in my hair when the wind blows, Trump has been great for Americans across the board.

Silicon Valley "Lords of the Internet" are still raking in plenty and are financing political opposition to Trump while shadow-banning the political opposition and leaning on so many members of congress nobody will ever do anything about it.

Democrats with their fav media in their pocket are doing a traditional native American war dance around their ideological campfire, and there is no shortage of willing free volunteers so wholly immersed in the progressive cause symbolically hauling out Republicans and conservatives and figuratively beheading them in the social media----with the smiling approval of the "Masters of Universe" owners of Facebook and Twitter---. Gotta be a great day to be a liberal.

Truck drivers all have loads to haul.

Resorts are full, and the sheets are changed by cheap illegals, so the owners are smiling all the way to bank. And back, I think.

restaurants are busy, so busy word is going south of the border there's plenty of good paying jobs up here again.

The border is a wild west streetfight, but if you can get across you've made it to the Promised Land. The eight "Coyote Cartels" are collecting handsome sums for letting folks get up here.

La Raza and the slave-labor unions are adding to their dues paying base and enlisting them to vote democrat.

The regulations have been slashed, so if you wanna build anything, now is the time to do it. With cheap labor from down South. Anybody notice all the construction going on? Roads and housing, malls and factories.

garlic growers in Gilroy have raised the wages because there's not enough help to go around.

Detroit is coming back alive..... the city is being renovated and factories are being opened. You coulda made a pile buying houses there three years ago to sell today.

It's like this everywhere I go.

I think if anyone wants to think like eenie meenie you almost have to stay in mom's basement and read nothing but internet Google crap.